Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: Chashio's 2015 A.C. Map

Default December 2015 Annual Challenge: Chashio's 2015 A.C. Map

Okay, so I don't have a solid idea to run with just yet--thus my highly unoriginal title--but you have to start somewhere, right? So here's a quick little sketch to act as Placeholder until I come up with something much better. Made in the Artrage app on my phone. And it doesn't want to rotate. sorry.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artrage app map_001.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	71218

Very excited about this challenge!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Off to a good start Chashio. And congratulations, you have the distinction of being the very first contestant to have ever entered the annual challenge.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Cool and nice start! Oh, and don't worry, the picture is well-oriented when you clik on it.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The sign of a great artist: when you can tell easily what something is just based on impressionistic blobs.

Thanks for the early support, guys. I'll try to have the real one started by the end of the month, but it might take longer. I'll probably do another large acrylic map, because I definitely want to get better at that and see if I can improve my workflow, but I'm not sure yet what kind of subject I'll paint or how large a region.

Hold on, hold on..... You did this on your phone and to that I say Kudos and every other explitive of awesomeness that I can think of. Can't waite to see whats next, try not to make the rest of us look too bad though.

Quick question. How is artrage? I use Krita and Gimp and I simply love Krita. I havn't heard about Artrage until now.

Guild Artisan

You have an excellent color choice and I am not saying it for the first time.
    Your Bird's Eye View in the january challenge that I still remember was mindblowing - for me far above any competition. Pity that you couldn't finish it - any idea to come back to that ? It has potential to become one of the best maps on these boards.
    Good luck, I am sure that I will learn a thing or 2 from you

Quote Originally Posted by ascanius View Post
    Hold on, hold on..... You did this on your phone and to that I say Kudos and every other explitive of awesomeness that I can think of. Can't waite to see whats next, try not to make the rest of us look too bad though.

Quick question. How is artrage? I use Krita and Gimp and I simply love Krita. I havn't heard about Artrage until now.
    I have never heard of Krita. Artrage is a great little painting program and I've seen people do some impressive things with it. I use the Android app mostly for quick color studies and playing with composition, and the desktop version (Studio Pro 3.5) for larger things. You can find out a lot more on the website and online (even find some good tutorials on youtube) than I can tell you, and, since they've come out with newer versions, my take on it might be outdated. Also, it's simple enough that you'd probably get a better feel of it just fiddling with a demo for a couple days.

I've been investigating Krita, and it looks pretty damn amazing. I plan on ordering the DVD tutorial at some point to support the developers and try to learn the program. Not familiar with artrage, but from just a cursory glance it looks cool.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the link, Arsheesh... that does look pretty neat. I'll have to do some investigation for myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast