Thread: Political map of Glemgres continent

Guild Novice Facebook Connected kemachi's Avatar

Map Political map of Glemgres continent

Hey,

I just finished map of my fictional fantasy continent Glemgres. It is based on a map I posted almost a year ago, recreated in Inkscape with much more detail and simpler style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GG12x.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	4.73 MB 
ID:	71290

WIP thread.

Looking good for a vector map! You've managed to include a huge amount of information and most of it's very clear and readable, and I like the shields down the right side a lot. I'm a huge fan of Inkscape and you make me want to have a go at creating a map in Inkscape myself

My tiniest of quibbles is with the very bottom label of Larhia. I understand you're indicating direction and it fits with your north, west and east labels (which are easier to read), but still ... upside down! Ultimately a map's supposed to give information and it's really difficult to read this particular label. But apart from that, I like what you've done a lot.

This has a nice overall layout with pleasing colors and a clean design. There were three points that caught me, however.
    Having two countries separate in their own little box is, not a problem but, sort of confusing; I'm not sure if they're special or if you just ran out of space on the right.
    I was going to mention the upside down labels (Larhia at the bottom and South on the compass) but ChickPea already did, so I'll just nod in agreement.
    And, I know there's limited space to work in but I think that the writing, while interesting, could be strengthened with some editing.
    Oh, and one other tiny thing: I just noticed a city with no name (perhaps intentional?) to the east of the Kihrarian Desert, south of Kabash.

I don't usually go for vector art, but this is a very lovely piece of work and the longer I look at it I find more details to love (like your beautifully varied landforms, coastlines and rivers which feel natural and believable). Nice job!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

My tiniest of quibbles is with the very bottom label of Larhia
    Yeah, I tried to turn it around, but it looked a little bit off, so I went with upside-down.

Having two countries separate in their own little box is, not a problem but, sort of confusing; I'm not sure if they're special or if you just ran out of space on the right.
    I ran out of space, I miscounted countries when creating, but thankfully I had that space on the left and I actually like that, There was just blank space anyway so why not use it. I like that tiny bit of assymetry.

I just noticed a city with no name
    Good eyes, it was indeed unintentional and I don't know how that slipped through as there was uneven number of objects in the layer indicating this, yet I remember it was OK when finalizing cities.

I'm taking hints from this map on how to many my own political borders map, hehe.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Love this soooo much. Clear and remarkably concise for how much information you have included. Can't say I have ever used Inkscape but this is a glowing endorsement. I will give it a try. Funny, maybe its my D&D character talking but when I saw the Ruins of Black City in the Cursed Forest, I thought, "I want to go to there".

Great work!
    If you play Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder head over to my Patreon and download some free adventures and encounters HERE

You know, Cursed Forest is called Cursed for a reason.