9 36.00%
  • The city of Marasei - by Tainotim

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** February 2015 challenge voting*** Evolving map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Default *** February 2015 challenge voting*** Evolving map

This month contestants had to make at least two maps showing an evolution of the subject they were mapping. As usual we have some nice entries (and unfortunately some unfinsiehd ones) so don't forget to rep the contestants. You have until March 6th to vote for your favourites ones !

February 2015 Thumbs
    Last edited by - Max -; 03-02-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Nices entries, i hope we'll se a finish version of Haerlech J Edward, the style of the map is really cool!

Thanks Francissimo. Yep, once the voting is done I am going to start another wip thread and work on completing it.

I finally decided. I voted for Troubles at rochefort for several reasons. In no particular order . 1 It was very pleasant looking. 2 There was a lot of time and effort put into it .3 It was finished. And 4 It spark a interesting and informative discussion on Crater formation.

Have to spread the Rep around. Sorry Francissimo and J edwards !
    Last edited by lostatsea; 03-03-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow. Tough to choose this time. There were four I wanted to vote for, but felt it wasn't fair to vote for the two unfinished ones I loved (even though I wanted to!!). Repped those I could, I'll get the rest of your next time around, hopefully.

My general impressions and votes:

Troubles at Rochefort by Francissimo:
    a nice map and interesting concept that’s already won a compass. This execution is eye catching and you can feel the real doom that struck Rochefort.
    I must say I’m not particularly fond of Qgis related style of mapping (maybe because I’m totally ignorant about it) so for as long as I can appreciate the great work behind this map, I will cast my votes on other jobs.

TheMorphLine by Jbgibson:
    a most original map, I’m still figuring out though what you had I mind. Nice animation and most surreal and original map award of this challenge, in my opinion.

Haerlech by J.Edward:
    it’s unfinished but could also be considered finished for some reasons. One could say that the second map is a prospect of a future evolution of the first map and so, then, that is a second necessarily unfinished map in a finished job.
    This all to say that I usually didn’t vote for an unfinished map, but I will vote for this one. I like the colour choice, the city shape, and I hope to see the author’s finished idea of this.

The Excavation of Louk Nem Zar by Lostatsea :
    A nice idea, backstory and execution. This map, in my opinion, really captures a sort of Ed Wood underdog - horror film feeling or 60's horror story, and you can see how much efforts have been put in the composition and in the texts. My second choice and vote.

The city of Marasei by Tanoitim:
    I’m a fan of tanoitim’s city landscapes. This one is really promising, as usual, but still is in a really early stage to be considered for a vote. I hope to see the finished version, of course.

My thanks:
    go to everybody who helped me in my job (sorry, Diamond and Jbgibson but I was too late for your final suggestions), who’s repping me and voting for me.
    I’ am always surprised, as if it was the first time, how much you can learn during a challenge, and the credits go largely to this Community. Thanks.
    Last edited by fabio p; 03-04-2015 at 07:22 AM.

I absolutely love The Excavation of Louk Nem Zar by lostatsea, as much for the story as the map. There are some outstanding entries this month, but ancient cursed civilisations will get my vote every time!

This was close for me; I liked the excavation, but I decided that the story it tells comes only from the text panels (like a book in an Elder Scrolls game, perhaps...?) and that the map elements ended up being more secondary.

Yikes, this was interesting. I sadly can't pass around rep at this moment for some of you, but hey! I'll do that when I can...
    ...the maps are so wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    My general impressions and votes:
    Troubles at Rochefort by Francissimo:
    a nice map and interesting concept that’s already won a compass. This execution is eye catching and you can feel the real doom that struck Rochefort.
    I must say I’m not particularly fond of Qgis related style of mapping (maybe because I’m totally ignorant about it) so for as long as I can appreciate the great work behind this map, I will cast my votes on other jobs.
    Ahh, you found it. I was struggling to remember what the name of that map is. It was lurking about somewhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast