Thread: The Skytower

Guild Apprentice

Default The Skytower

Hello,
    first map post here...

Most of the maps I've made are regional maps, but I tried a castle this time (because I'm writing a story that will spend some time there, and I wanted to have a reference for what is where to keep things consistent).
    It got a little out of hand... I stumbled over this amazing WIP thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=29060), and fell in love with the style, so I tried to get something similar (though a lot less detailed).
    This is the first castle I've tried to map, so I hope the layout makes sense... any feedback would be great.

Caro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skytower_map_fin_small.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	813.5 KB 
ID:	71346

Quite a few of us are quite taken by Steffen's style!

I don't see any issues that stick out about the layout. I like it - it feels very much like a castle that has grown into a grand fortress. Those number spots though - I recommend changing the colour from grey to white or very light grey - black on mid-grey is hard to read. I have to peer in to read the number.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks!
    You're right about the numbers. I'll make them lighter. I think I originally put the grey as a placeholder before I decided what colour to use, and then forgot to change it later...

I would say that you replicated the style pretty well. Great job !