Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
Yes, remove moire should always be off unless a specific scan shows an obvious moire pattern. Even then, as John says, you can quite possibly do a better job by hand. Ideally you don't want the scanner to do any processing on the image at all—it can't do anything that Photoshop or Gimp can't, and one of those programs will give you a lot more control. Not to mention an Undo button.
Bah! Who needs undo? (speaking in a heavy French accent) I am like Leonardo Da What's-his-name! I NEVER make mistakes. I...I...I am laughing my head off. Yes! It is Sooooo true - ya need undo! :-)

But at least now the sketch doesn't look like someone smeared charcoal all over it. Still early stages of the map. Have to smooth out the crust of the trees a bit, remove those leaves so I can start on the leafy ground, determine where shadows fall, etc....

Cleaned the glass on the scanner. Turned out somehow dust had actually gotten in to the flatbed scanner's scanning area. I can't believe just how much dust I have on everything. Our main problem is that we have dogs and they go out every day. So when it's dry a lot of dust gets into the house. We change out our A/C filters every 30 days there is just so much dust and dog hair. :-/ I need two houses. One with animals and one without. :-/