Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Amber Map [Unpaid unless exquisite]

Post Castle Amber Map [Unpaid unless exquisite]

Friend over on the rptools.net forum suggested I post here. I've been having some trouble making one of the dungeon(castle) maps I want for an older style campaign (Escape from Castle Amber). I'm looking for a map that I can use in maptool. Any assistance/help I can get getting this made would be much appreciated.

The base map is here: http://www.crovack.com/castleamber.gif

I'll note, if someone is willing to do an amazing job on it (thurough detail, colors, shading, room specific graphics, etc) I'll more than gladly pay a fee for your time.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Never done anything for Maptool... Any specific resolution, size, etc. needed/preferred. I know most Dundjinni users prefer 200pxl/inch for their graphics, etc.

If I have the time I might be able to come up with something, and if I don't there are several Maptool aficionado's lurking about who might be interested.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm really indifferent on most of the specifics (and lack a complete understanding). 200 pxl/in seems to be a standard, but I've also seen them as low as 70 pxl/in.
    I believe as long as it's done to some scale I can adjust it in maptool to align it with the grid - beyond that as detailed (and high resolutioun) as would be reasonable is desired.

OK well no promises, if I can come up with something I'll let you know and post it in the WIP forums.

Just for curiosity, is this Castle Amber related to the Zelazny Books (Chronicles of Amber) in any way?

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yep. The second half of the campaign is based in Averoigne.

http://www.crovack.com/averoigne.gif

The module:
    http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Chateau...2177681&sr=8-3

OK, I've put a WIP map of the Chapel in the Building forum. Let me know if it's what you were after.

I'd been working on typing up all the information about the rooms - you just managed to get to a lot of this before I did and thanks! Going to post on the other thread too - but it looks beautiful already.

OK, I think I've pretty much got this wrapped up.

Drop a note in the WIP thread if there is anything else you want added and/or removed to any of the maps.

Info Castle Amber In Minecraft

I don't know if this thread is still even alive or if anyone cares anymore [after all it IS 3 years old] but i about 3 months ago started building the castle of Amber in exquisite detail using Minecraft and my own custom texture pack.
    i only really joined this forum to announce this to see if it poked any interest. if you don;t know what minecraft is then google minecraft. the way i see it is that it's a 3D art program. which is why i'm building the throne of the universe with it.
    so yeah i should have enough of it complete soon to be able to do a video on it. so when i do and i do, i shall return here and post a link to the video tour of what i have so far and see if anyone is interested.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Fan of Amber

Hi, My 1st post.
    I'm interested in Amber & Chaos related maps so TY for posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast