Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** March Challenge - Make a One Page Dungeon ***

Post *** March Challenge - Make a One Page Dungeon ***

Well it's that time of the year again. The 2015 One Page Dungeon Contest has begun, and this month's challenge shall dovetail with it. For anyone not familiar with this contest, the basic idea is to create a fully mapped and keyed dungeon that fits onto one side of a letter or A4 sheet of paper (this may be done digitally). There are no genre requirements and no hard and fast rules about what counts as a dungeon (or how large it should be). You can however get a better feel for the concept by reading the history of the one page dungeon and by looking through entries from past years.

The nice thing about this particular monthly challenge is that whether or not you win you will be able to resubmit your entry to the 2015 OPC as well. There are some great prizes this year, including a $500 cash grand prize. All winning entries will be published in an annual booklet form. Just an FYI, if you do decide to submit to the 2014 OPC the entry must have a creative commons licence. As per usual, please include the following to your entry thread:

Title each new thread March 2015 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The contest will end sometime around the first of April and the winner shall receive a golden compass and fame and fortune galore.

Always a good one to get in on.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

Yes! I always love this contest.
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

May be a very daft question, but where are the entries posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter 67 View Post
    May be a very daft question, but where are the entries posted?
    Once there are entries they will be posted in the "Current Mapping Challenge" sub-forum. If you wish to post your own entry, create a new thread in this sub-forum, and be sure to follow the guidelines above for titling it and adding a WIP.

I've been thinking of participating again, myself, but... when I have the time, the challenges don't seem inviting for me, and when I do find a challenge interesting, I'm usually too busy. For now it looks like the video game strategy guide season is beginning, so depending on what news I get tomorrow regarding upcoming strategy guide map commissions to do I may be extremely busy. The last strategy guide maps I did was for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and that was over a week in LA onsite at Activision for 12 hours per day, then back home with 2 weeks of 16 - 20 hour days to knock out the necessary maps - so when I am working on a strategy guide map commission I become crazy busy. As an aside, for the last 2 weeks I've created 11 commission maps through two different publishers, also I am still writing tutorials for my Kickstarter funded tutorial guides project. So busy, busy, busy, but if I find the time (and a challenge that draws me in), I will try and participate once again.

I've actually been thinking about doing the One Page Dungeon contest over the past month, as I know this is the season for that. Maybe I'll try to squeeze one in.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-19-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

@gamerprinter that sounds hectic but I'd love to see what sort of work you are doing on stat guides.

I hope to have an entry for this myself. If I can finish it up. I just
    need to work out my story behind and maybe do some additional illustrations or a second level map so to speak. I'm having a harder time than usual making my story tho. Possibly because I wish to go for system neutral details.

I just finished up a tee shirt design for a new business but I'll have to see if I can share it yet. So long as work and life don't jump up and assassinate my time I think I'll make it.

I would post my progress but I'm not sure if it's right to get feedback for a contest like this. I know we here all love that sort of thing but would the one pagers feel cheated?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-19-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

If I recall, I think I posted a WIP here on the last One Page Dungeon contest I did.

@Jaxilon - here's one of the maps I did for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare... this one is supposed to be in a ghetto area of downtown Detroit in 2056, basically 16 hours of work (though I was well paid for these).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoD-Detroit.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	954.9 KB 
ID:	71818
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-19-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yeah I was planning on participating in this month's challenge as well but I've just taken on a couple of commissions and don't know if I'll have time. If I do it will be an 11th hour entry. I hope others decide to take a swing at it though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast