Thread: Problems with the boards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Problems with the boards

Hi Guys,

I seem to be having trouble with posting occasionally. Today I posted an update to my WIP map under the Regional Map category here in the forums.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2969

See the link above.

My update shows up in the main forum menu but then when you enter the forum topic area there is no update shown and my topic seems to be stuck at 4 responses instead of 6, as should be the case.

Then when I enter the post itself I can see all six forum updates.

Also, while I was able to post here and update my forum post in Regional Maps this time for some odd reason it keeps kicking me out if I try to post anything under the General topic. This was not the case afew days ago.

Wierd huh.

Ed
    Edward M Kann
    Writer Guy / Sometimes Artist
    www.rocketshipempires.com

Blog Entries

Sounds a bit like a browser cache issue. Try flushing it and other temporary data. On firefox that would be ctrl + shift + delete (Note, not ctrl alt del...) or on most browsers try F5 or shift F5 or ctrl F5 depending on the browser to flush for just the current page. Flushing the complete cache is a good idea now and again and also bin all your cookies which build up though you will have to log in again when you next visit.

About a page click in 10 I get a timeout or page inaccessible or something like that. When posting a large image I can get it more often so I post again and then half the time it double posts in that case... If you run a long ping to the site it gets occasionally corrupted at a point near the end - in Texas I think from memory.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That definitely sounds like a cache issue. and Redrobes is right on the spot on corrective action...what browser are you using?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin