Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Castle Amber - Chapel

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    One thing that stands out for me is the lower room in the top left corner - the wall isn't straight like the walls in all the other rooms. Is that intentional? I think it's a bit weird. But the room is still empty of course...
    @Gandwarf - Thanks for your comments

Nope you are correct, I had some trouble with the walls, drew them in when it was way to far zoomed out, so some of the lines area little off. I need to go back and fix them.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Shaping up beautifuly thus far. Way beyond anything I'd anticipated.

I was wondering if it would be reasonable to render out basicly two versions, a "DM" and a "player" version of the maps. The player version would obviously just lack the secret doors, traps, room numbers, etc. In fact, you don't even need to make a 'DM' verison as I can always just use the module's map for reference anyway.
    Last edited by Crovack; 09-30-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    Shaping up beautifuly thus far. Way beyond anything I'd anticipated.

I was wondering if it would be reasonable to render out basicly two versions, a "DM" and a "player" version of the maps. The player version would obviously just lack the secret doors, traps, room numbers, etc. In fact, you don't even need to make a 'DM' verison as I can always just use the module's map for reference anyway.
    Thanks... I can definitely render one of each without the secret doors, etc.
    Would you want the pits in the Indoor Garden removed as well?

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Thanks... I can definitely render one of each without the secret doors, etc.
    Would you want the pits in the Indoor Garden removed as well?
    Yes please.

Guild Apprentice

These look incredible.

Personally, I think the stained glass window reflection is really nifty and I'd be inclined to keep it purely for that reason, but I don't have to care about accuracy or anything like that... I'd never even though about doing something like, did you just take the image and make it opaque?

@Crovack - Will do...I didn't really like the ones I had used anyway.

@xv43 - Thanks very much. Nope I didn't do anything, I downloaded the Stained Glass window from the Dundjinni forums, the reflection was built into the original.

Wip

OK, here's today's updates;

West Wing - These is pretty much complete, I may go back and add some things to the 'kitchen'. But man, after awhile I was running out of ideas.

East Wing - About 75% complete - still some work to do on the 'White', 'Black' and 'Red' rooms and 1 other... I got sick of placing ,resizing and placing furniture. Probably will redo parts of the room with all the tables and chairs - don't like the layout (to cramped).

Lower Level - Very early WIP, really just the outlines of the walls.

Still to do: Stephen D'Amberville's tomb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Amber - East Wing.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	6786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Amber - Lower Level.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	6787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Amber - West Wing.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	6788  
    Last edited by Steel General; 10-02-2008 at 03:02 PM.

One room in particular I'd like to ask for some emphasis on is the room in the lower level with the Demon. I'd like to see it have (somewhat obviously) a demonic, dark and "you will die if you play with this creature" feel. It's supposed to be an encounter well beyond the party's abilities.

Alrighty, I'll try and keep that in mind once I get to that part.

Still looking great. I love the cobwebs in the westwing. I also like the black stone in the hallway a lot. Fantastic job!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast