Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Castle Amber - Chapel

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip Castle Amber - Chapel

OK, this is my first attempt at a building and is in response to the thread here.

This is only 'bare bones', and is missing the Choir Loft, based on what I could gleam from the map provided. I don't have a copy of this module, so I have no idea what would be in any of the rooms.

If needed I can post versions without the grid and room numbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Amber - Chapel.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	6625  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's an ok map, I like the centerpiece a lot.
    It's just a bit empty (but as you said yourself you don't know what you should put in the rooms) and flat. I like 3D maps more, so some shadows, bevels, etc.

Guild Journeyer

I agree it looks like you need more information before you can really do it justice, for example can you put benches down the length of the chapel? of light sources on the wall?

Well luckily I found a copy of the module that I was able to download, so I should be able to fill in some more of the details. From the little I glanced through it, it appears like I'll need to change some of what I have already.

Not quite sure how I should do shadows and beveling, I guess a lot of that will depend on how the lighting sources are arranged.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Look forward to seeing how you approach this, I am still to make the leap indoors.

What software are you using for all this?

Map Updated

Pretty significant update here after getting a hold of a "HackMaster"-ized version of the module.

New floor; new carpet; added pews; added cots in Monk cells; added concealed door; added 'shadows' to the walls (not perfect, but definitely gives them some depth); replaced the existing windows with larger 'stained-glass' ones.

@JKaen - I'm using Photoshop. The majority of the objects, have been downloaded from the Dundjinni forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Amber - Chapel.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	6629  

Guild Journeyer

Looks better now its not empty, but to be honest I prefered the original floor. I think the new one is a bit to intricate and 'busy' for the size of chamber you are filling

This is starting to look good, nice work
    The blue carpet is really nice!

I still miss the 3D aspect though. The walls look too flat, especially with those stained glass windows. I would give the walls a bevel, some shadowing, etc. But hey, I like 3D

What's that C in the centerpiece? I know the S stands for concealed door/passage.

I actually like the original floor too, but I'm trying to be true to the module and it says a wood parquet floor, so that's what I went with.

S- Secret Door, C - Concealed door - Its actually underneath the altar (which is moveable)

Yeah, the walls still need some work, all I did was put an inner shadow on them so far.

Since the altar I decided to use has a blueish cast to it, I changed the original carpet I had for the blue. I added the large round rug as my personal take/twist to the decor.

Personally I think the scale is a bit ridiculous, but I'm just going by the map. Personally, I'd make it 1 square = 5' but again, trying to stay true to the module.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Last edited by Steel General; 09-24-2008 at 07:43 PM.

It looks amazing already and I appreciate you staying true to the module.
    I may end up running it as 1 square = 5' and the way it's designed now it'll be easy to do so.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast