Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Map Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Farland View Post
    I like your color/ style on the oceans. Nice job.
    Thanks Farland! I appreciate the comment!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wthrasherb View Post
    The current graticule was made in Fractal Terrains 3. I agree it does look pixellated in this version. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I will definitely take your advice on this one and work on the graticule more. What do you mean by a path tool? Like the dreaded "pen" tool in Photoshop/Illustrator?

Graticule suggestions anyone??? I'm all ears!

I would like to make one that I can manipulate separately from the rest of the map if possible. In Fractal Terrains you have the option of adding various graticules and I can show and hide whichever ones I need for whatever projection. They aren't necessarily the best graphic quality however.
    No problem. I use to draw them with the path tool of Photoshop (Illustrator one works as well) then I apply a stroke on it. Do it on separate layer and you'll be able to manipulate it separately

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    No problem. I use to draw them with the path tool of Photoshop (Illustrator one works as well) then I apply a stroke on it. Do it on separate layer and you'll be able to manipulate it separately
    Well, I guess I'm gonna get that much needed practice with the darned old pen tool... My Wacom tablet has nearly suffered the wrath of my frustration a few times when attempting to sue the pen tool... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wthrasherb View Post
    Graticule suggestions anyone??? I'm all ears!
    Some time back I posted a bunch of blank graticules as PDF files; take a look here and see if any of them will work. I don't recognize your projection, though, so it may not be there. Running these off is just a matter of five minutes' work, though, so if you tell me what you need I can generate it and send it to you pretty quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gilgamec View Post
    Some time back I posted a bunch of blank graticules as PDF files; take a look here and see if any of them will work. I don't recognize your projection, though, so it may not be there. Running these off is just a matter of five minutes' work, though, so if you tell me what you need I can generate it and send it to you pretty quickly.
    Dude, sweet! I'm on my phone right now, so I can't test out what you've got, but I will as soon as I get home.

The protection is Wagner VII or Equal Area Azimuthal projection. If you want to make one, go for it! I don't necessarily have to use the protection I'm using. I do plan on using some "Hammer-like" projection, but I'm not dead set on the current one, so I will test out other projections with your provided graticules and see how things look.

I'm not overly concerned with it being 100% accurate/authentic/realistic. This is an "earth-like" world, but fantastic. I'm more concerned with having a nice piece of art than a realistic map.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123