Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digsite 51

Wip

Finished UVMapping (there will be revisits I think/fear....) and started to port assets to UE4. Here the render is still perspective, I think I will switch to ortographic again. Just not good for editing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	72025
    Last edited by Troedel; 03-25-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Wip

Itīs comming along, stairs missing. Played around with lighting a bit to get a feel and to set the mood. But I think the first shot wasnīt so I went back to that.

Name:	HighresScreenshotAlmost.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	370.1 KB 
ID:	72083

I ran into some lighting problems I could not solve in a clean manner, tricked around. Iīm almost sure it will bite me later. We will see, it took a great chunk of try and error without a success in the end... Perhaps someone knows?

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	72376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt2.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	72377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt3.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	72378
    The picture in the middle shows a lightblocking geometry that helps achieving the shadow in the first picture. Removing it lets light leak through my stairwell walls. Itīs one sided geometry, tangents seem to be correct. I will go on from this point. In the future I think I will stay in blender but one thing the transition to UE4 teaches is to be very aware of your topology. I enjoy it ( to a certain point ).

Modeled my waterroom statue and added some water.

Name:	Waterroom.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	72474

That looks really good.

By the way, what is UV mapping? I hear some 3d artists speak of it like it's always a terrifying and time intensive thing to do.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I did some texturing, just basic materials provided by the engine as starter material. But it is a bit sweeter on the eye and I get an idea where to go. Hope you enjoy.

#Larb UV Mapping is the process of cutting up a 3D object so that you can lay it flat on a piece of paper. Imagine opening all the seams of a dress so that you get the flat fabric again. After that you can apply textures. There are many ways to place the seams, quick and dirty or very elaborate. For a complex model itīs time consuming.

Name:	PreviewDungeon.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	744.2 KB 
ID:	72484

Nice work on the water! This map is getting better and better. Do you plan to post different view? It would do justice to your splendid 3D render.

Blog Entries

This is friggin sweet! It's coming along nicely.

I've been wanting to try my hand at some 3d work. Are you doing the initial layout in Blender or Substance or Unreal or what?

I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with!

I did my Layout in Blender. Blender wasnīt love at first sight for me but once you get used to workflow and the hotkeys itīs pretty fast for modelling. I did the layout and built the elements the map is made with. From there on itīs building up, refining and rinse and repeat...
    Allegorithmic came up with a plugin for UE4 supporting the new stuff from SD5. So I fired the Substance Suit and retextured the floor and some crates. Itīs working pretty well. A screenshot of my work over the easter weekend and the little spare time I had between eating cakes and drinking coffee

Name:	CrateAndFloor.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	72586

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast