Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September Entry: Planetary Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Breaking all records now at a whopping 28 this month.

I know, the month I get to come back and play, there are 28 entries this month.
    Something witty and pithy

Blog Entries

I just looked at it in detail. Its great but I thought that the cyan bits would look better if it was like phosphor screen stuff. So I put a color curve on it. Maybe my monitor gamma is set different and so it looks duller but with a boost I think it would improve. Like this maybe ?

that is muuuuch better.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmmmmpigseptchallenge.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	939.5 KB 
ID:	6649  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Thanks a lot! Last night I went through all of the entries picking my top 3 and here you come along and blow it all up. Now I gotta decide who to bump out cuz this one is most certainly going in...unless we get 4 votes I like the monitor scan lines on the topography...it's a detail that many would not include or forget to include on something "techy" like this since there are plenty of other techy bits like the grid and city pop-ups. I'm a detail meister so I bonk thee as well. Excellent job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Honsetly, the whole idea came from seeing a tutorial on making a denim texture from scracth in PS. I saw it and thought "monitor scan lines! from an advanced society! doing extraplanetary cartography! Why am I shouting in my head?"

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I like this map quite a bit... one for the unique approach, very good idea. two> the black and white imaging ... just like a military satellite photo you would see in a VG like MSG4 or Previous COD's ... Very nice ... very well played sir!

Thanks on both points Delgo.

deal with black and white orthophotography nearly everyday, so it only seemed natural to select that as my backdrop... even though the textures I used were from color sat imagery.

When you are combining multiple sources as a singular entity, it is often necessary to dumb down all the data to get a consistent look.

What an interesting take on the theme. It looks like a piece one could see in a computer game.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrakis View Post
    What an interesting take on the theme. It looks like a piece one could see in a computer game.

Pat
    Thanks! I wanted it to look like a screen shot of a dynamic and interactive map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12