A recent reply and recent CL discussions have prompted me to move this discussion to the general forums and all of you lovely people.

Any explanations on the reasons you voted the way that you did? Remember the poll was anonymous and if you wish to remain anonymous in your voting you don't have to respond. Your reasons are your reasons. We (CL's) felt we needed a little feedback in the low response to the guild challenges. (This month's challenge was an exception of course, we really didn't expect such a welcome and glorious response, and we all thank you.)

As a point in fact, I haven't joined the last couple of challenges (save this month's) because of a number of reasons, but mostly I was just too busy too join.

I noticed a lot of votes leaned toward the fact that people just don't feel confident enough in their skills to make an entry. I too at first was a bit hesitant to submit an entry, especially after seeing such great entries from users like RobA, RedRobes, Gameprinter, and many, many more. I am my own worst critic when it comes to my artwork or writing, and often bash my skills. But ultimately after being on the site for a couple weeks, and getting such positive feedback from other members (Highly constructive criticsm) and NO flaming or other such bashing as you might see on other sites, that I would go ahead and put in an entry. (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1624)

So glad that I did, because I get such good feedback from those around me, I've become ten times the artist/cartographer since then. I mean it literally opened up a whole new world for me and gave me the confidence that I needed to take on actual commissions (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2695) that actually paid money, and since then I've gotten at least three more paying commissions. All due to the fact that I decided to go ahead and give one of the monthly challenges a try, and I still haven't won one yet. (crosses fingers) But I keep trying and my skills are improving because of it.

So to all those who feel they just don't have the GUMPFF to hand in an entry, I've been there. I know what low self-esteem is, and you gotta just take it on faith. I'm not guaranting that you'll immediately become the superstar I have (lol! j/k) but you won't get bashed or berated and we aren't going to hate you for it. What's the worst that will happen? You won't win.... big deal... its not like you have money on the table, and chances are you will at the very least get some good feedback on where you may be lacking and what points you need to focus on to make a decent possibly professional looking map.

So, what's you take on why you don't join, or why other's should join... or whatever it's a discussion... DISCUSS!!