Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 Entry - Denizens of the Frog Lorde

Thanks Abu. I did take your advice. I like it in some areas, not as much in others.
    Of course, that is more because of how I did it - some areas I did better, some may need to be redone.
    Still have lots more green to add. But... now that just added more work to finish.
    Tomorrow I will hopefully move on to furnishings and such. Hopefully.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denizens 01c7.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	72186

I feel like the squares are too small. I don't know what system you're using, but it looks wrong for 5ft (D&D)

Hey a.coldyham. It is about 2 feet per square. It isn't based on DnD.
    I think the OPD is supposed to be system agnostic, as it was described to me.

As a side note, why does DnD use a square of five feet? What is the relevance of 5 feet? Seems sort of an odd size.

Really nice! And I agree with larb, the water effects are awesome.

Thanks Ilanthar. I am so trying to get this done this weekend. I've fallen behind on Haerlech and other projects.
    So again I'm working on it most of today but who can say. Following Abu's suggestion I've been adding more moss/green to the map.
    Still a bit more to go at the bottom and up at the very top. Then I can move on to furnishings and item placement.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denizens 01c8.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	72205

Hey J. Edward, feel a bit guilty, and i hope my idea isn't troubling you too much But i think it really pays off. The details on and between the tiles are fantstic! Also the yellow elements in the throne room fit very well. Looking forward to the items/furniture... and although your schedule seems to be very rough, an appearence of the "real" frog-lorde (maybe as a post-challenge "director's cut bonus" for the fans) would be hilarious" XD

This is really nice and I like a bunch of things you've done. I live the floor stone tiles you have going on here, the shadowing is great and your art in the throne room is cool. I'm not sure where you are going to put the text info but I'm sure you are thinking about that. I can see using this as a battle map. Keep pushing and get it done, I want to see it.

Now it's back to looking at my own and putting on final touches and corrections myself.

PS. I want to know how you did the floor tiles. I'm chewing on that idea myself right now.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-29-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Haha, no worries Abu. I agree, it looks better so I'm glad you made the suggestion.
    That would be cool to do a character piece with the frog lorde. I was originally envisioning a large mean spirited Mr. Toad [wind in the willows] sort of guy. Likes his fancy clothes and such but is a total savage, except when he thinks he'll lose... then he might be a coward.
    Then Diamond had to go and interject 'Lorde' into it... now it might be some weird mix.

Jax - Thank you sir.
    Yeah, the text is likely going to force me to shrink this so I can fit it. Which is a shame because it will not look as good smaller but what can you do, right.
    What do you want to know about the tiles? It's about eight layers. But really it's just straight drawing, then a mix of some texture painting and highlight/shadow.
    If you have some particular questions, fire away.

That's petty much what I was wondering, if it was all drawn or if you had some slick way to make em.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Nope. Wish I did. They take too long.
    I have thought about trying to do map elements of them but I have not had great luck with using map elements, even my own.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast