Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 Entry - Karsthaven

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hi chick, it's a wonderfully detailed description of the dungeon. I like the references to grimm's tales. My personal highlight are the flies. They are this kind of "damn!-why-did-we-kill-all-those-flies"-flies
    Thank you, Abu! The flies are a riot to run as the DM, because the players are always trying all kinds of ways to avoid being bitten while still managing to explore/search the rooms. I always instruct them to keep careful track of the bites, and inform me when they reach 10 or 20 or etc, whereupon I tell them such things as they are feeling dizzy, etc. When they find out at the end that the fly bites were beneficial, they tend to throw dice at me ....

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Great entry - it was interesting to read. I also like the way you used colour to tie description to specific areas. It made it easier to follow.
    Thank you, Larb, I really appreciate the feedback and knowing that the colour worked out well!

Great job! Good luck in the competition.

Banned User

My next "final version" with a few minor typo and color corrections.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OPD2015H.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	72071

Cheers,
    Cornelia

As Larb already mentioned, the colours are useful but I'm not sure it fits the tone of the map itself. There is too much joy in that map

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    As Larb already mentioned, the colours are useful but I'm not sure it fits the tone of the map itself. There is too much joy in that map
    I don't really know what that means , but perhaps you think I should make the colors more subdued or darker?

Maybe Azelor means that the choice of colours is very err... colourful. I suppose you could try a range of earthy tones instead or something. I think it's fine as it is but it would be interesting to see what it looks like with an earthy palette.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Wow, that is a lot of information packed onto a single page! The color coding certainly does help with organization. I see Azelor's point, though it doesn't really bother me. Very well thought out.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

I wouldn't want to look too joyful

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OPD2015J.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	72092

Seriously, I really appreciate the opinion of more knowledgeable eyes Do these colors look more appropriate?

Actually I think that does look better. But I have a thing for slightly desaturated colours.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Actually I think that does look better. But I have a thing for slightly desaturated colours.
    Same thing here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast