Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 entry - The Lost Blacklock Mine

A few tweaks trying to help my text work better and rearranging some stuff. Small additions and I have a couple more things I want to get to but I've got to go take a nap now

edit: updated with English correction, GM highlights, trap illustration and added a furnace for smelting.
    edit 2: fixed more English

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacklock.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	72244
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-30-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Phew, and I think that's a wrap. Thank you all for the encouragement. I have submitted this to the contest. While doing that I realized the deadline was APRIL 30, not March 30!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I of course want to be finished for our contest here but I pulled out the stops this weekend to make sure I got this all done in time for both. Now I realize I can still make modifications if I wish to over the next month. Oh well, at least now I can move on to something else without guilt.

Haha, I can't believe I failed to read the Month, I just assumed it was the same month as we did the contest.

The only thing I'm not sure on is if my Mine is to dark and if I should lighten it up...
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-30-2015 at 02:25 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

The purple areas look almost too dark, but the rest seems fine. And I got my map done very short, but not for deadline reasons, rather work, and I just don't want to spend too much time on any map - I like being done with anything...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Banned User

Jaxilon, your private messages are full, but re the last one I sent you, check the Loading Area text

Will do but not likely until this evening. I cleared some messages as well. Sorry about that.

I lightened up some of the really dark areas for readability and I just had to sketch my Steam Golem.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacklock 4.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	72307
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Your entry is ridiculously awesome. My only suggestion (and this is nitpicking) would be to reduce the opacity of the purple lights. They just feel too bright and draw my eye right there instantly instead of admiring the map as a whole (not sure if thats a good or bad thing).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

@anomi - I can see what you are saying. I'll see if I can take a look at that but I'm not sure when they are locking up the challenge or more specifically if I can get to it before that. I'll try when I get home today. Thanks for the honest input.

edit: Ok, I actually updated the previous one since the changes I made where minuscule. I tried to modify the purple lamp glow but a) it's partially locked due to the setback I had happen a week ago or so when I accidentally flattened my psd and b) I wasn't really happy with the outcome I was getting - so in the end I think I think I'll go with it. I do see what you mean though and maybe I should make the boarder lamp flare more to balance that but not sure if that'll make any difference anyway. All in all, I'm fairly happy although, had I to do it over I would take a different path here and there
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-31-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Just to throw in a contrary opinion ... I absolutely love the purple glow of the lamps. It's my favourite bit! I think this is a fantastic piece of work and hope you do well in the competition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast