Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 entry - The Lost Blacklock Mine

Wip March 2015 entry - The Lost Blacklock Mine

Ok, I finally got around to posting my work on this. I will back post the steps for those who like to see how it evolved.

I'm currently working on putting together the text portion which tells the story etc. I have too many ideas going on and I'm not yet decided on what I want to include or will have room for.

Posting here will make sure I get 'er done.

Cheers!

First the sketches (pretty sure I haven't done anything this style before) -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onepage sketch.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	917.8 KB 
ID:	71927 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onepage 0.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1,011.6 KB 
ID:	71928

Now for some color-

Name:	onepage 1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	71930

Introducing the Mine area & changed orientation -

Name:	onepage 2.5.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	71932
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-23-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

And because of the thumb scrapper acting wonky here is

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	onepage 3.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	71934
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

That is really pretty looking. Love those torches/lanterns.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Looking good, so far!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Banned User

Very nice artwork!

This is great! I love the zoomed-out perspective, then the artwork from inside. And agree with Larb's comment about the lighting. It's looking fantastic.

Bonus points for including skeletons. You can never have enough skeletons!

Started getting some text down. So much to do, we'll have to see how far I can get.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Blacklock.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	71986

Well, I've had an unhappy evening because I somehow flattened my entire psd file into a single layer and saved it, basically destroying my work.
    I just about threw in the towel and was trying to be thankful it wasn't a commission I had wrecked when I remembered I had done some work on my Cintiq tablet a couple days ago. I booted it up and was able to get back much of my layers although I still lost about 2 days worth of updates. Feeling really angry about doing such a stupid thing I forced myself back into my chair and just started going forward with what I had.

So here is where I am now. Had to do some more squeezing of my artwork to make room for the text I have yet to get on here. That's been a challenge and I really wish I knew how to use Scribus because manhandling text in PS isn't great and eats to much of my time although to be honest I am getting faster now. I almost attempted it anyway but figure the last thing I needed was frustration of trying to learn a new software while coming up to a deadline. Hopefully I'm still going to make it even with the setback. Grrrrr!!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacklock.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	72058  

Looking good. And great save on keeping most of your work. I've had to completely redo a map for commission because the file had somehow gone corrupt - its a pain. I have given up on a few personal maps over the years due to some software tragedy, or blunder on my part. I hate it when that happens.

I think making some more room for text was a good idea, at least to best meet the requirements of the OPDC.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-26-2015 at 04:08 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast