Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March 2015 3ntry: Dread Bog Witch's Lair

Banned User

I really like this map, but I just gotta ask ... what are those things that look like barnacles?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's either the mangrove trees...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mangrove.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	72171

or Cypress trees without the upper branches and foilage. Details like the cypress knees are hidden, so I nixed the foilage.

Name:	cypress-knees-at-lake-martin-louisiana-linda-alexander.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	72174

I'm not sure which you are referring...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-28-2015 at 07:41 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Banned User

I guess it's the cypress, I see nearby things that are probably the knees. It is kind of hard to tell those are trees without the foliage though.

True, but if you include the foilage, most of the ground level is covered up. Cypress trees have a lot foilage, and I wanted to emphasize that this is a swamp map. Also using the terrain for gaming purposes (hiding behind trees) can be more easily achieved knowing what the terrain is exactly like. To me the design decision to go without foilage provides more benifit. Note the Cypress tower itself has a living trunk on its southside and the foilage there too is removed to show the interior of the hollow cypress. I'm comfortable with the choice.

Name:	cypress-tree-on-lake.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	72175
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Love this map and adventure (I run a campaign set in a swamp and might just use this)

I actually originally thought about (and tried) setting my oracle adventure for this challenge in a hollowed out tree - but then I saw yours and it was infinitely better than what I came up with
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123