Thread: Fantasy World Map for Personal Use

Post Fantasy Regional Map for Personal Use

Subject
    I am looking for a wilderness map with lots of different forrests, bogs, swamps, hills, rivers, lakes, valleys, mountain ranges, maybe a volcano - think Germany/Poland Region in Fantasy Style like the Romans would have imagined crossing the River Rhein.

A vast rough northern european wilderness. Best reference would probably be the actual regions of Germany/Poland/North of the Alps.

The leftmost side of the Map has something similar to the mighty River Rhein, and the rest is terrifying and unexplored. I have some rough sketches if need be, but i think anyone here can come up with much better design and more varied terrain while stil retaining some "fantasy logic". Natural Landmarks/regions are fine, i would prefer leaving out any ruins or other location - and no labeling whatsoever.

The scale would be about 70-80 pixels equal ~10 kilometers/6 miles.

Style
    I am looking for a map roughly in the following style if possible, altough i prefer the first one or in general something a bit "clearer"/illustrative.

http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-cont...s-1024x791.jpg
    http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-cont...w-1024x682.jpg

Quality & Size
    - semi professional/hobbyist will do
    - required for personal use/web pen&paper gaming
    - dimensions about 3000x2000 pixels if possible
    - png endproduct is fine by me

Time Constraints
    - Of course no time limits, since it is a request and i am currently working out the details.

Copyright
    - The artist will retain copyright of the map, i am only looking for a personal use map for internal purpose/pen&paper gaming.

Contact Details
    obiobikahn(at)arcor.de

I am willing to pay for outstanding work or at the very least "tipping" enough for some nice food for the artist and some pals (lets say between 40-max 100 bucks) because everybody gots to eat. I just dont have the artistic skill to get this done and have not found anything that would fit what i am looking for. Maybe someone feels inspired or has some free time at his hand or wants to try something new.

Best Regards,
    Thomas
    Last edited by obikahn; 03-25-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: changed title because it would actually be a regional map, not a world map, clarified tipping in another post

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Mal schauen, ob ich Zeit dazu finde. Was Detailgrad und Qualität angeht, kann ich ungefähr das hier bieten, vielleicht auch bisschen besser.

This would be quite fine i think, of course the map would be an actual "region" map, quite a bit more zoomed in, not a whole continent and it would need a lot more wilderness.
    I was thinking i should clarify my tip - i only was vaguely describing it - i had between 40 to a max of 100 bucks in mind, depends on the work and the time spend really. I know it is not much, thats why i would refer to it as tipping someone for great work. It would not be a going rate for an actual artist in my homecountry, but i appreciate the hard work and dedication and i just cant spend more on a small little hobby project at the moment.
    Last edited by obikahn; 03-25-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Oh, I completely understand. Consider the job taken. I'm still working on another map at the moment, but I'll easily have some very basic layout ready to you before the Easter holidays.

Sent you an email. Did you get that one?