Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quirinburg - A piece of practice and 1st post

I think I like version 3 best, though 2 and 4 are good too.

Version 1 isn't bad but I'm having a weird disconnect between the red-coloured roofs and the abbey at the left. They don't seem to 'gel' together for me and feel very different in tone. Perhaps you wanted a startling difference, though? Version 4 has somewhat the same thing, though it isn't quite as pronounced. I also feel Version 1 looks very faded and washed out.

What sort of climate does the area have? I find Version 3 cold and snowy, whereas Version 2 looks hot and sultry.

I think I'd like to see Version 4 with the roof colours' saturation turned up a little bit, though not as much as version 2.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I've actually answered your question. Any but number one, basically.

Map

Taste will always be an individual thing. Still, thank you very much for your input and I tried to change what I thought would improve the map.
    Yes, Vers.0 was too light, Vers.1 too dark but with the roofs too red, I like Vers.2 quite a lot but instead of green fields and woods I should have drawn barren trees and snow covered fields and finally Ver.3 would be more fitting a setting in an arid part of a country like Arizona or southern parts of Italy or Spain.
    So here we go with a darker version than #0 but with roofs desaturated to resemble more regular roof-tile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quirinburg3_29_01.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	72218

PS.: The river is green because that was always my favorite color and I have seen enough "Blue Danube's" in various maps....and then there was the algae bloom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12