Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurth's Bridge

Pretty! Very clean work. I like that you work in illustrator, i do too sometimes. I love isometric maps.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woekan View Post
    Pretty! Very clean work. I like that you work in illustrator, i do too sometimes. I love isometric maps.
    Yeah, I really like vectors! It's interesting to figure out what can be achieved without pixels. The upside is that I can really manipulate the heck out of lines, down to a very fine level. The downside is that I can really manipulate the heck out of lines, down to a very fine level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great job Meshon! The details on the bridge are amazing. Two (minor) nitpicks : the ladder would be better with lines to frame it (as you did for the rest) and I'm not completely convinced by the way the bridge joins the cliff on the left side. But I have absolutely no idea how you could improve that...
    Oh, and nice bow !
    That's a good call on the ladder and... yeah, that north side has been bugging me since the beginning. I will definitely try to figure out a way to make it look more convincing before this thing is done. Thanks for the feedback!

cheers,
    Meshon

Well, I'm still struggling with how to deal with the cliff faces. I think I need to let them be firmly in the background. I gave the ladder a bit more definition, as suggested, and messed with the point that the supports contact the rock, which looked really contrived before. Thanks for the feedback!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurthsBridge.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	72744
    cheers,
    Meshon

The ladder looks great now! And I think the bridge left connection to the rock looks better too.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Well, I'm still struggling with how to deal with the cliff faces. I think I need to let them be firmly in the background. I gave the ladder a bit more definition, as suggested, and messed with the point that the supports contact the rock, which looked really contrived before. Thanks for the feedback!
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	72744
    cheers,
    Meshon
    I would go with a couple of vertical lines to clearly show the cliff shaded face.

Ooh this is looking quite nice!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Well the cliffs are a little better. I see what you mean - Max - they needed a little more definition.

I think this might be close to done. As my favourite prof said to me once (in an authoritative Scottish brogue), "An essay is never completed, only abandoned at a reasonable point." I think the same holds true for maps!

And thanks Arsheesh! I lose perspective after awhile!

cheers,
    Meshon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	42 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	72793  

Yep, Max's good advice was good! The cliff side looks fine now.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

I'm always fascinated, what a bit of light and dark grey can achieve. Really nice and clear encounter map! Is there a chance that you'll upload a version without the shields? I'll surely use this map sooner or later... btw.: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? XD

Looking good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast