Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurth's Bridge

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default Kurth's Bridge

Having another go at an isometric map. I'm not totally sure the location warranted it but I wanted to get some more practice on this style. I'm working with a couple of folks to put together a few encounters/short adventures which we will release hopefully in the next couple of months. That means that this map will be published at some point, though it is totally fine if you decide you have a personal use for it. I'm certainly game to hear suggestions; this is one of those maps that I just had to take a break from for awhile because it wasn't getting any better, just less appealing!

Here's Kurth's Bridge. Kurth is the leader of a small group of bandits who collect tolls from travelers.

cheers,
    Meshon

Edit: I made this with Illustrator, which is why there isn't any subtle shading. It's like I'm afraid of Photoshop or something...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurthsBridge.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	514.8 KB 
ID:	72096  
    Last edited by Meshon; 03-27-2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Add a comment.

Banned User

That's a really nice drawing

It look really good

Thanks! I have to admit I am really disturbed by the scroll and legend right now. It just looks all wrong. If anything needs to change on this map that will probably be my first step.

cheers,
    Meshon

It looks good I think. I'm equally scared of illustrator. Sometimes I'll cheat and do things in photoshop before using the live trace feature. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

The tree just north of the bridge look strange. The higher parts of the cones are larger than the lower parts of those above them. Maybe it's just me, but I think they look misplaced.

Oh, that tree? Yeah one of the bandits got bored and started cutting it up and then tried to put it back together in a hurry so that Kurth wouldn't notice when he got back with supper.

So yes, thanks for pointing that out, I think it totally looks like someone just stacked it up and ran off.

cheers,
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Oh, that tree? Yeah one of the bandits got bored and started cutting it up and then tried to put it back together in a hurry so that Kurth wouldn't notice when he got back with supper.

So yes, thanks for pointing that out, I think it totally looks like someone just stacked it up and ran off.

cheers,
    Meshon
    DM improvisation at work

Well Kurth came down pretty hard on the bored bandit for disturbing the local flora. Turns out Kurth loves his trees. A complete sociopath, but trees aren't people. So the bandit spent some time with a barrel of blessed water and a magic pinecone and managed to rectify the damage. At least a little. You can judge for yourself.

Oh, and the collaboration through which this will be published (web site launch coming... soon?) finally has a name: Last Torch. I'll post maps for our adventures as they get close to completion. Here's an update of Kurth's bridge, with a fixed-up tree and another go at the key.

cheers,
    Meshon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurthsBridge.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	538.7 KB 
ID:	72141  

Great job Meshon! The details on the bridge are amazing. Two (minor) nitpicks : the ladder would be better with lines to frame it (as you did for the rest) and I'm not completely convinced by the way the bridge joins the cliff on the left side. But I have absolutely no idea how you could improve that...
    Oh, and nice bow !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast