Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diexiel City - The City of the Exiled

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Tulio Botinha's Avatar

I finally got it Chick, at last a little bit, to try to scan the drawing and edit it is way better if i dont draw the shadows and the details that i usually only draw on the shadows should be draw like simple lines.

The Residential Floor

As always a little of the lore on the image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Residential.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	72316

Hi Tulio Botinha, another very nice piece from you!
    Just one remark: I am an absolute newbie at drawing, particularly the esoteric arts of perspective and shading , but intuitively i'd think that the image is easier to grasp, if you would darken the deeper "floors" step by step. If it were not for the bridges, the ladders and the door (wich are very good btw.!), one could think that its a plateau.

Ty for your input Abu Lafia, i'm glad that you are liking it.

Usually i would put a lot more shadows for the sense of depth in all the drawing, but i'm not very good at editing images on the computer so i cant put them in gimp. If i put the all shadows that i want on the paper by hand before scanning, then editing the image goes beyond my skills.

Well, i'm still not quite sure, what parts you edited digitally? It looks as if you created the shading of the cliffs by "overlaying" a darker layer over the selected parts of the background parchment-texture. If it is so, you could do a similar thing for the "floors" for example. I am far from versatile with Gimp, and everytime i use it, i learn something new. But i'd happily share my knowledge...

To shade the ground i would need them to put some textures on the ground and on the wall and that part over gimp is simple a mystery to me (yet hehehe), if i draw the textures by hand i need to shade them and if i do so them editing becomes a lot harder for me, you have to understand that what i done with this image on gimp is the top notch of what i can do hahaha, for the last map i may try some more things but my progress is slow, i think i'm learning a little every map that i do.

Is my english ok on the images? I just got thinking that i didn't even pass the text on a orthographic corrector and i know that some times i do some major mistakes, i can't really tell as english isn't my main language

Quote Originally Posted by Tulio Botinha View Post
    Is my english ok on the images? I just got thinking that i didn't even pass the text on a orthographic corrector and i know that some times i do some major mistakes, i can't really tell as english isn't my main language
    You said 'a well was build' when it should be 'built' I didn't catch any other spelling errors although at some points the flow is a little broken

I'll be fixing it., TY a.coldyham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12