Thread: Looking for map to use in fantasy book please

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Phillippa Smoker's Avatar

Default Looking for map to use in fantasy book please

Hi everyone, sorry this is my first time asking for a request so I hope I do it right

I've tried to do my own map (in Photoshop) but looking for something that is better quality and geographically/geologically correct (as mine is obviously not that). The map is going to be for a fantasy novel that I am writing. This is the map that I have done myself

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom Of Areraswen  Final.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	718.2 KB 
ID:	72237

It's quite a small map but really want to put in regions so it looks a bit more realistic and as long as it has the main places as in that map, I'm happy for there to be some creative input into other areas.

I don't know much about scale but I'm assuming the norm is 1 inch to 1 mile? Happy for you to let me know if this is incorrect.

The sort of map I'm looking something similar like these two: http://justmango.deviantart.com/art/...ndar-506992615 or http://eowyn-saule.deviantart.com/ar...-map-188676421

The map will go into my first fantasy book that I'm writing and I also want it as something to refer to when working out where my characters will be at certain points so need to print to at least A3 size so will need to be high quality.

I am happy for the map maker to retain copyright (as long as I can use in my book and for promoting the book) as I know how important copyright is (I'm a photographer by trade) and I will obviously credit the map maker with where I have the map (in book, on website etc)

I unfortunately don't have a big budget but would be very grateful if someone would like to take this on

Thanks so much

Philly

Sorry, I forgot to add my email address as I don't have 5 posts yet but you can email me at stephen.smoker@bigpond.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by Phillippa Smoker; 03-30-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Thank you this job has now been taken