Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need map made ASAP... ready to pay

Help Need map made ASAP... ready to pay

Hello,

This is my second post regarding this (i just read the guidelines) I am looking for a professional quality world map.. (actually 2 of them) the first will be much like the "hobbit style" map... the second will be of the same map but full color with additional detail. I will supply a ROUGH ROUGH drawing (as I have ZERO art skills), I will supply map details as well. I am looking for someone who has the skill and can add there own flavor to make my map epic. I can pay ASAP any way that works... Paypal, credit card. Does not matter. I'm looking for someone to start asap as this is for a game that has already started and I have to keep referring to a map I have made that looks like a cross-eyed child made it.

Scott

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Info Client is unreliable!

!!!WARNING!!!
    I had a rather annoying experience with this guy, Scott McQuade, npt1320@yahoo.com, and I feel compelled to make a note to my fellow guild colleagues. I don't want to read in a few weeks that someone else makes the same experience.

As he stated in this post and here he needed an epic looking world map of professional skill done ASAP.
    To make a long story short, he refused to pay the before agreed upon price for the 'awesome' (his words!) map because I was too fast. I had promised him the map until Saturday latest. I did my best to complete the map sooner; so he had it on Thursday. So obviously the map is less worth because I put more energy into it to get it him sooner. He feels cheated, because he had the impression it would be a difficult job - that I worked in the evening and early morning hours to get him the map before the deadline and prioritized it turned out to be a grave mistake. Luckily I always demand an advance payment, so this isn't a complete loss.

Any attempt to reason with this guy is completely wasted. He boasts how successful he is and how much money he has, but won't appreciate other people's effort.

To avoid any nasty surprises I strongly recommend to anyone who is doing business with Scott McQuade, npt1320@yahoo.com, to DEMAND FULL PAYMENT IN ADVANCE. Otherwise you may find that he grants himself a discount because you are too fast...or too slow...or too good...or simply because the sky is blue.

You can see the map here.

UPDATE: The client has sent me the remaining payment.

I don't want that it looks as if I had made a fuss of nothing. Yesterday he outwardly refused - in a very impolite way - to honour the agreement and cutting back what he owed me to what he thought sufficient.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 04-13-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typo

Banned User

Well, I'm real sorry to hear that. I also applied for this commission and this was the reply I got to my offer:

"Wow. I had no idea it would cost that much. I knew it would entail some work but Wow. I thought it was a computer program.. No disrespect intended, we have family portraits done by hand that were far less and more complex.Thanks
    Scott."

Somehow I (naively, I guess) figured he had just given up on the idea of having it done, so I'm real sorry I didn't post this response here, it might have been a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Well, I'm real sorry to hear that. I also applied for this commission and this was the reply I got to my offer:

"Wow. I had no idea it would cost that much. I knew it would entail some work but Wow. I thought it was a computer program.. No disrespect intended, we have family portraits done by hand that were far less and more complex.Thanks
    Scott."

Somehow I (naively, I guess) figured he had just given up on the idea of having it done, so I'm real sorry I didn't post this response here, it might have been a warning.
    No need to be sorry, Cornelia. That's unpredictably. If someone agrees to a price, you can usually rely on that.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Ouch. And I mean OUCH! What a douche. Sorry to hear you had to experience that. And just looking at that awesome wave pattern for the oceans makes this a damn shame.
    Last edited by Wired; 04-13-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Ouch. And I mean OUCH! What a douche. Sorry to hear you had to experience that. And just looking at that awesome wave pattern for the oceans makes this a damn shame.
    Thank you, Wired!
    Luckily only the second time in five years - the first time I got my money after over a year, after I threatened to publish the email traffic (it was a relatively well known company in its segment, so that had some lever).

UPDATE: The client has sent me the remaining payment.

I don't want that it looks as if I had made a fuss of nothing. Yesterday he outrightly refused - in a very impolite way - to honour the agreement and cutting back what he owed me to what he thought sufficient
    Last edited by Sapiento; 04-16-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Banned User

You didn't make a fuss about nothing .... see the exchange I had with him in the Ronin thread.

Heheh.
    *grins*

Glad to here the client finally came to see reason and that you got paid for your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast