Thread: Requesting a Map for a Homebrew D&D World

Guild Applicant

Default Requesting a Map for a Homebrew D&D World

Hello all!

As the title says, I'm looking to commission a map for a homebrew campaign setting for D&D. The world itself is still being designed, but I've got enough info for the physical part anyway. In a perfect world, I'll be using this world for dozens of weekend shenanigans for years to come.

Subject: I will provide a **very rough** sketch of the region. It's just going to be one continent for now, but I might be looking for more commissions in the future for others.

Style: I'd like something vaguely in the style of the maps of Faerun published by Wizards of the Coast, but I'm pretty open with that. As long as it looks like a fantasy map, I'm happy.

Quality & Size: I don't have a specific size in mind, but I'd like it a bit larger than a standard piece of printer paper. Maybe 18" x 12". Of the details I'd like for this map, the size is the one I'm least certain of. I'd like to say professional quality, but I'm not sure I can afford a truly professional piece (yet! See below).

Time Constraints: I'm on a very relaxed schedule for reasons I will discuss below. If this project would be finished by June, awesome. Realistically, though, I won't need it until October or so.

The Catch: I am enlisting in the U.S. Air Force. I leave for Basic Training in early July, which puts my graduation at the end of August/beginning of September. As such, I'm not going to really start the actual playing of this D&D game until much later in the year, and playing the game is what I'll want the map for. Until then, my budget is slightly more restricted (but only slightly!). The deadline for this is, as mentioned, loose.

Copyright: I only plan on using this map for personal gaming. At most, I'd want to upload it to obsidianportal.com (or whatever other wiki I'm using if not obsidian portal). You can retain full copyright as long as I can do that, whatever level of legality that entails.

Contact Details: Following the pattern of the stickied post, my email is ayodrinn--at--gmail.com (remove the dashes and change the "at" to @)

My apologies if I missed any of the pertinent information; I am a total noobie here. I look forward to working with you!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Sent you an email.

Guild Applicant

Thank you kindly to everyone who responded to this post. I have decided on someone for my project, so this thread can be moved to the archive.