Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mar/Apr 2015 Lite Challenge: Harvest Time in Applehill

Banned User

Default Mar/Apr 2015 Lite Challenge: Harvest Time in Applehill

Hi Everyone,

I decided I just had to get in on the fun! I have never done a village like this before, but I see so many really nice ones, I wanted to try. I have to admit, the more I worked, the more I wanted to add, and it just grew completely out of control. So before I go any more crazy with it .... Harvest Time in Applehill.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Applehill verA.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	72308

Wow chick, you are over in this one too, huh? Wish I had the time myself.

Looks like a solid entry.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Wow chick, you are over in this one too, huh? Wish I had the time myself.
    Looks like a solid entry.

Thanks Jaxilon I wish I knew how everyone finds time to do things like clean the house, eat, shop, sleep, when there are so many things to learn and so many maps to make ....
    Last edited by Chick; 04-01-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Yay, welcome to the challenge, Chick! You've manage to get a huge amount done already, I'm in awe. It's looking really good.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I wish I knew how everyone finds time to do things like clean the house, eat, shop, sleep, when there are so many things to learn and so many maps to make ....
    Hey Cornelia, exactly this! Great to see you in the challenge too. It's a wonderully themed village you created. I like that you applied the "autumn-flair" you were preparing with the texture in the last challenge.
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 04-01-2015 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo oO

Great setting and story, looks downright idyllic

Chick I think this looks lovely. The only minor nitpick I have is that when you rotated some of your buildings, the roof shadow rotated with it. Now you've got buildings next to each other that are in different time zones. But the artwork and layout are splendid!

Well done, nicely laid out village, very natural feel to it.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Well done, nicely laid out village, very natural feel to it.
    Thank you, Bogie! It's really modeled after so many that I've seen around here and liked

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Chick I think this looks lovely. The only minor nitpick I have is that when you rotated some of your buildings, the roof shadow rotated with it. Now you've got buildings next to each other that are in different time zones. But the artwork and layout are splendid!
    Let's pretend it's noon and the roofs have different color shingles Thanks for the compliment, industrygothica, I suck at all hand drawn anything, so splendid is a word I rarely get to hear

Quote Originally Posted by MstrWelf View Post
    Great setting and story, looks downright idyllic
    Funny you say that, MstrWelf, I was thinking while I worked on it how nice it would be to just go and stay at the Inn during apple harvest, a wonderful relaxing vacation. Maybe you'd like to meet me there next fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Cornelia, exactly this! Great to see you in the challenge too. It's a wonderully themed village you created. I like that you applied the "autumn-flair" you were preparing with the texture in the last challenge.
    LOL Abu Lafia, I had to do something with them after all the trouble to make them, and autumn is always my favorite season!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Yay, welcome to the challenge, Chick! You've manage to get a huge amount done already, I'm in awe. It's looking really good.
    Thank you, ChickPea, I took as long as everyone else, I just didn't post quickly.

By Chick
    I have never done a village like this before
    Well, this village looks more than good for a first one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast