Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Aereraswen

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map Kingdom of Aereraswen

A commissioned piece, done for author Pippa.K

Created in PS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom Of Aereraswen pv1.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	72309  

Hey, this is a really nicely done map! I really like how you did that swamp! Your mountains look really good, your icons are cool, and i'm loving the land shape!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice piece as usual Sapiento. Not very fond of colors though, it looks a bit "flat".

Banned User

What a nice job of subdued colors that are similar but still contrast enough to be completely distinguishable and clear! I love the detail textures that you have used to give the subdued colors life, as well. For a piece that is generally quiet and darkish, this map really stands out as beautiful! You are definitely on my favorite artists list (and yay, I was finally able to rep you again)!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Hey, this is a really nicely done map! I really like how you did that swamp! Your mountains look really good, your icons are cool, and i'm loving the land shape!
    Thank you! The land shape came from the client, but the rest is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Nice piece as usual Sapiento. Not very fond of colors though, it looks a bit "flat".
    Thank you!
    The colouring was intentional. As I am usually more on the intensively-coloured side of mapping, I decided to go for a more subtle approach this time, toning down most of the colours from my first draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    What a nice job of subdued colors that are similar but still contrast enough to be completely distinguishable and clear! I love the detail textures that you have used to give the subdued colors life, as well. For a piece that is generally quiet and darkish, this map really stands out as beautiful! You are definitely on my favorite artists list (and yay, I was finally able to rep you again)!
    Thank you!

Great work Sapiento! I like the icons although it does seem a bit darker than I'd prefer for myself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Great work Sapiento! I like the icons although it does seem a bit darker than I'd prefer for myself.
    Thank you!

As always, I love your icons on this one. And the sea is very well done as well. I got the impression that you got some of the - Max - mapping speed, lately .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    As always, I love your icons on this one. And the sea is very well done as well. I got the impression that you got some of the - Max - mapping speed, lately .
    Thanks!
    Actually, that's my own good old mapping speed. Well, not quite old, but most of the commissions I did recently were not for public posting.

Ah OK! I keep being amazed how you are doing great maps at high speed! I would be glad to work half "your own good old mapping speed" .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast