Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No.

0 0%

Thread: Make a map from the perspective of a creature

Default Make a map from the perspective of a creature

Does anyone remember the challenge last year about making a map from the perspective of a monster? Well this idea is basically a return to that in that one is to make a map from the perspective of any creature, from a spider, to a mouse or a cat, or a fish or whatever. The map such a creature would make if they were to make one, and the information they would include revolving around their most important senses and cares.

I think that would be very cool! It's something I would have fun with, and you would see a lot of great ideas!

I remember that contest wasn't well liked. It got a fair bit of entries but few managed to fulfill the idea of the contest and it had a runaway winner.The common opinion was that it wasn't really possible to map from a creatures point of view.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Banned User

I wouldn't say it was impossible, in fact I can see how it'd be rather easy to make a town from the perspective of a small creature. However I only do large scale maps and that's a bit trickier from the perspective of a spider.

Well, even though I didn't participate I enjoyed that contest. Perhaps some of the problem was merely that monsters are for the most part mere human analogous and so it wasn't a far enough step to latch on to an idea or foundation. Creatures would also obviously map in scales appropriate to them, for a spider a regional map might be the size of a housing block or a field and a local map the size of a kitchen counter top for instance.