Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Undersea Station

Beautiful map GP. My main concern is that the designers of the research station thought they would need a brig large enough to house 8 inmates!

Perhaps they use it as a temporary lockup for drunks. Or maybe they need somewhere to put any murderous splicers... =P

Underwater themed maps are sadly a bit underused so it has been nice to watch this develop.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Almost done with the main level - one area (south of the Gym on the east side of the main dome), I don't know what best should go there. Zoom in to see the labels and details placed in all the other rooms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune-station-03.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	72531
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

@Bogie - I think there is a station residential population of several hundred, perhaps up to 500 people. Because I've determined that this is a science station and an extension site for several universities, this might be associated with some world organization, like the UN, and not a nationalistic site. So I think this station serves somewhat as a headquarters for multiple undersea sites in the area. So some of those inmates might come from other undersea installations and held here until their court date on the surface.

@Larb - I've never seen a full undersea installation map, so whether it will be underused or not, I decided that one should exist - its existence might inspire games for GMs to try.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Great and fun map, GP!

One question, though: toilets, side-by-side, with no screen or barrier between them... uhm, awkward, maybe?

I might stick in dividers, but ever been on a Navy ship or a prison?
    DrivethruRPG store

If it has a lot of civilian personnel I suspect they would add dividers to make life as "normal" as possible. Otherwise there would be constant complaints. I know I'd complain.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I'm done with this level of the map. I plan to create the floors for warehouse/maintenance shop, 3 or more habitat levels with living suites and bunk rooms with a tv lounge/rec center on each level, and industrial operations level with all the systems (sewage/water treatment, powerplant, etc.) I will also include 1 sample level for hydroponics and marine lab, before I am done.

I even included full stalls for anywhere there is more than one toilet in the same room!

I changed the Security area. I moved the main front office into that empty area of the previous maps - added some walls for main office south of front office, limited access to brig, and backroom with interrogation room, break room and ready room.

Onto the other levels...

GP

Name:	neptune-station-04.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	72538
    DrivethruRPG store

This is the second floor of the main primary habitat zone, what lies at the end of the stairs in the dining area. Graduate courses for both oceanographic and marine biological studies as extension courses from various world universities. Large restrooms, janitor closet, offices for faculty, 4 large tiered classrooms, a laboratory, and a large bronze dolphin.

On to the lower levels, next is Maintenance Bay/Warehousing...

GP

Name:	neptune-station-main-2nd.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	72571
    DrivethruRPG store

Neptune Station maintenance bay and warehousing level located beneath the main level of the primary habitat dome, accessed via the floor elevator. To the left bottom quarter is the maintenance bay with a service desk office and male and female restrooms (more to do). To the right bottom quarter is the inventory control office, cold storage unit, garbage catch bin from chutes throughout complex and trash compactor on very bottom left. Between the garbage and office is the parking spots for the upright forklifts (stand not sit, smaller footprint). The upper half of the area is inventory storage divided by department. Still need to add to maintenance area, and then tons of cargo for warehouse yet to do.

GP

Name:	maintenance-warehouse.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	72573
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast