Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Undersea Station

Silly me, I had to move the garbage bin to the other side, and I also flipped the inventory and maintenance from one side to the other, as well as a change in the warehouse area - duh, I have elevators to contend with!?
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Neptune Station - Maintenance Bay & Inventory Warehouse is complete. Upper half is inventory warehouse divided by department. An elevator passes this level. Bottom left has inventory control office, cold storage, main garbage/trash bin from chutes throughout complex with trash compactor, and parking spaces for 3 upright forklifts. Also cleaning car with vaccuum, carpet shampooer, tile floor sweeper at bottom center just down from the floor elevator. Bottom right is Service Desk office, maintenance bay with toolboxes, lift mechanism, work table and parts bins. Restrooms right of the service office. Also habitat level elevators pass this way. Oh, and 2 escape pods are on either side, these capsules have a 10 person capacity each that are jettisoned away from station and bouyant so floats to surface with beacon.

Habitat levels next...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maintenance-warehouse01.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	72589
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Neptune Undersea Science Station - first habitat level (beneath the warehouse/maint level), I have yet to place doors, interior walls for bathrooms, suite walls for the outer ring of chambers, and the furnishings, but the basic structure is revealed. I see the inside ring of chambers with 2 per room, college dormitory style, though each will have a small restroom with shower. The outer ring of chambers are suites with small living room, bathroom, childs room and master bedroom, intended for a family of 3 to 4 individuals. So I figure each level holds about 80 people, there's 2 extra lifepods per level per population for safety. The center is the recreation center, and I figured this and the next 3 levels are identical (except those not having extended domes). This rec center has a DJ disco nightclub especially for the students (each rec center holds a different entertainment venue). The extended dome here is not an upscale suite as the others will be, this one is a public observation room. Some people might be queasy about being on top of a tall seamount, so this dome gives a sense of being at the bottom (ground level) since it sits on the seamount itself - for psychological relief.

GP

Name:	neptune-station-habitat01.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	72595
    DrivethruRPG store

One more update for the night (morning), added interior walls, put in restroom floors - the restrooms in the "suites" are a bit tight but I only stick in showers, not tubs. I think this works. I tried a couple other room configurations, and this was the "best". Tomorrow I'll furnish this.

Name:	neptune-station-habitat02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	72597
    DrivethruRPG store

This is really cool GP. Thanks for sharing this and taking me on an undersea voyage
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Banned User

This is extremely well done, right down to the correct fins on the fishes

I do wonder why a station this size needs 8 brig cells. Is crime rampant?

Looking forward to the rest

Boy, that was a bear to furnish this - I think I'm going to avoid creating identical rooms in circular buildings in the future if I can. Alrighty, all room have furnishings. Suites have a kitchen - fridge, stove, microwave and sink, kitchen table; fold-out couch for kids sleeping, master bedroom with queen sized bed and dresser, and restroom. Smaller chambers have 2 single beds, table, and bathroom.

I created a second habitat level, sans the dome extension, and this one with a swimming pool for a rec center Why a pool in a sea complex? Well at 480 feet of water, few really want to swim out there - if you jump into the moon pool for a swim, you're likely to get hypothermia.

@Chick - I'm thinking that this is a world government or UN type organization controlled facility and considered a headquarters for smaller stations, mining operations, aqua farms and other undersea facilities in the same region - most of them lack sufficient brig cells, so if trouble brews, the security here is sent by manta sub to collect the troublemakers and incarcerate them here, until a court date and then they are transferred to a full prison facility if sentenced.

GP

Name:	neptune-station-habitat03.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	72607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune-station-habitat03a.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	72608
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-10-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Neptune Station - habitat levels (the next two plus some fixes on all): Beneath the previous two levels are one that features a movie lounge, and after doing it, its as large as any movie theater. The second of these two is a playground level. Note this level as features the first of 2 upscale suites located inside the dome. I figure the site manager and perhaps the chief scientist and their families use the dome suites.

Of the fixes, I realized while working on these two levels that I missed placing doors on all of the bathrooms in the habitat levels so got them in for all habitat levels. Also while doing the rec center I realized that there was no public restroom for guests of the rec center that aren't sharing that level for their living space, so that wide wall section next to the entry hall to the rec center was perfect for placing 2 double stall restrooms. I also added to the DJ niteclub level with a bar, stools and a TV screen.

I won't post the fixed versions of the previous two levels, but once I'm completely done, I will post all finals as a single album on its own thread.

Two habitat levels to do and then the Industrial Operations level. I was hoping to finish this tonight, but it looks like one more day...

GP

Name:	neptune-station-habitat03-movie.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	72618 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neptune-station-habitat03-play.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	72619
    DrivethruRPG store

I was going to do 2 more habitat levels, but I think I've got enough, and I want to get this done. This, the last habitat level I'm doing has for a rec center something fun for all ages (with adult supervision), and a very practical application. This is a Manta Sub Trainer Simulator with holographic projection screen. Servos and actuators sensitive to simulator sub controls can move the entire simulator to tilt and turn on yaw, even vibrate to simulate unsual conditions (moving through a methane plume) or over a sinkhole of freshwater. The simulator can lift nearly to the ceiling then suddenly drop. I thought this was a fun idea!

GP

Name:	neptune-station-habitat03-sim.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	72621
    DrivethruRPG store

The final and lowest level of the main habitat dome structure is - Industrial Operations level, where station systems are kept. A small nuclear powerplant powers the complex cooled by seawater (as seen thru the glass channel from the wall and surrounding the reactor.) The heating system is tied to the coolant seawater. A sewage treatment facility lies south of the powerplant. A desalination processor lies due north with its glass topped channel of incoming water. The oxygen scrubber/air filtration system lies southwest of the powerplant. A systems management office lies to the east, near the maintenance elevator and restrooms. Other systems including back-up generators surround it.

I still plan to create a couple of under levels for the Hydroponics dome and the Marine Laboratory dome, but they are smaller and should be easily enough to contrive. That's for tomorrow.

Almost done...

GP

Name:	neptune-station-industrial.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	72622
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast