Thread: And now for something a lil bit different

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip And now for something a lil bit different

Trying out something a bit more traditional and not so satellite-ish since my usual stuff is such a yawner. I'm kinda liking this except maybe I should keep my old mountain style instead of this new one but I have one more idea to try on the mountains...just haven't done it yet but I wanted to put this up and see if it gets any responses. The first pic is the basic topography and the second is a lil more developed with borders n such. It's also smaller than what I normally do 'cuz this is more of an experiment with a new style to see if I can develop it further before going into my normal scale/size. It's also much lighter than what I usually do so maybe folks will like this better. Took about 6 hours this morning then I had to watch football so I was done before noon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new style.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	6701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new style a.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	6702  
    Last edited by Ascension; 09-28-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps