Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED! Artist for post-concept map creation

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    A bit harsh but I tend to agree on this point.
    You think so? I was aiming for strident, but I suppose I must have overshot. No disrespect intended, Homestead. Anyway, I see that the title of the thread has been modified, and that's good enough for me. Here's hoping you connect with the right artist for your project!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    You think so? I was aiming for strident, but I suppose I must have overshot. No disrespect intended, Homestead. Anyway, I see that the title of the thread has been modified, and that's good enough for me. Here's hoping you connect with the right artist for your project!
    Well actually not that much Since the requester admitted he didn't know much about commissioning and rates, I don't think it hurts that some professional artist give their points about it, no disrepect here

Guild Novice

Thanks for the feedback, both positive and negative. I wasn't expecting such an indepth response nor trying to create controversy.

I thought the "?" fitted the circumstances and potential paid work that books may generate. I didn't add 'royalty' for the reasons gamersprinter gave in his post. Equally, I personally felt a gesture of £20/$30 was insulting to an artist for their talent and time.

In any event I have now updated my commissions with hand-drawn maps.
    Last edited by Homestead; 05-07-2015 at 05:02 AM.

Has this been taken, or shall I retire it to the archives?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12