Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP Campaign Continent

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey Hawke, good to see you over here with a map of this quality. It looks great!

A couple of suggestions - mess around with the background parchemtn colour and see how that affects the colours of the map - it's looking a little dark and muddy at the moment.

I agree with everyone on the rivers. They could do with winding more - the one to the north east looks good but some of the others are a bit straight. You've also got a downstream fork up in the north east (it branches from one river to two as it approaches the coast) which I am reliably informed never happens. There's also a stray lake in the south with no inflowing or outflowing rivers. I'd also suggest putting a bit of colour round the coast for the sea - especially as you've coloured the lakes.

These are minor issues really - it looks lovely. Good work, and repped!

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the input everyone...all excellent comments. I'll check out zombie nirvana's stuff. It looks like it will be pretty useful!

Blog Entries

This is coming along great. I agree with Torstan that the background is a bit dark OR that you could darken the ink color but the problem is that the two are too similar.

You seem to have all the mountain icons rotated by a little amount as though the whole map should be rotated to make them horizontal again.

Good map, rep heading your way.

I like the way this

very cool

and inspirational

Guild Apprentice

Here's an update... thanks to RPGMapMaker's brushes for the compass. This is a campaign in progress, so I updated the relevant areas. I zoomed into the updated area to hand out as we begin the next phase of the campaign... plan on doing some more tweaks before they finally get it.

Still have a to-do to look at the color combinations overall after a few comments on here as well as work out a forest / hills brush solution to come down. I also included a sample of the "big text" that includes a highlight outline/glow (Western Kingdom) for opinion on that versus the others like Garv, Arven, and Sisserith.

Long process, this is... I kind of enjoy coming back to it for a bit every week. It makes it easier to make the decision to scrap items or work I've done cause I'm choosing to scrap something I did last week rather than something I just spent 2 hours doing. A bit easier to psychologically digest.

Thanks for the continued input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ParagonRevision1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	13812  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12