Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Map of Ronin

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map Map of Ronin

A commissioned map. The logo in the title shield was provided to me, so it looks a little bit different than the rest of the map.

Regrettably the client refuses to pay the agreed money. For more info go here.

Done in PS and Illustrator.

UPDATE: The client has sent me the remaining payment.

I don't want that it looks as if I had made a fuss of nothing. Yesterday he outwardly refused - in a very impolite way - to honour the agreement and cutting back what he owed me to what he thought sufficient
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Ronin.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	4.57 MB 
ID:	72707  
    Last edited by Sapiento; 04-14-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

That is a shame, I'm really sorry to hear that your hard work got reverse rewarded! Thank you for passing on the information.

The map is amazing. The cities icons are really, really good.

It appears he supplied you with the "title" of Led Zeppelin's fourth album as a logo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zep.../File:Zoso.svg which he probably also failed to mention. I'm sorry you got shafted by this guy.

Take care,
    Meshon

Edit: Ugh. I knew his name was familiar. I was the one that replied to his post in member introductions suggesting that he read the guidelines and post a proper request. So really, you could say this is all my fault.
    Last edited by Meshon; 04-13-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Eh, it really sucks when people take that attitude to the work we love to do. :/ Sorry to hear what happened, especially considering what a damn good map it is.
    I love the city icons as well. You can already imagine what kind of city each one is.
    The mountains are wonderful. They look quite ominous

*rep*

@Meshon: I wouldn't say that. There's always a few false alarms here and there, so it was simply unfortunate that we got a moron this time round.

Thank you, guy!

@Meshon: Corilliant is right. This guy has a serious problem with honesty. The only fault lies within his character.

And yes, he didn't mention where he got the logo. I will replace it later today.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 04-13-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Well, i'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Sapiento.

This map looks really good! I am not that big a fan of this sparse forest-style (as i call it) but the overall feel and look of the map is very nice. I love that the colors are not as cartoony and bright as most of your maps (which i am not a big fan of). If i can, i'll Rep you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Well, i'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Sapiento.

This map looks really good! I am not that big a fan of this sparse forest-style (as i call it) but the overall feel and look of the map is very nice. I love that the colors are not as cartoony and bright as most of your maps (which i am not a big fan of). If i can, i'll Rep you.
    Thank you Eilathen!

UPDATE: The client has sent me the remaining payment.

I don't want that it looks as if I had made a fuss of nothing. Yesterday he outrightly refused - in a very impolite way - to honour the agreement and cutting back what he owed me to what he thought sufficient.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 04-16-2015 at 12:42 AM.

How can you make it look so simple and yet so awesome? Dammit Sapiento I envy you hahahah.

Thank you, Qoff!
    I worked some time on the ocean texture to get it right, but I like the result.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

The ocean is indeed very nice, I did something kind of similar recently (I'll show as soon as I can). It surely is a lot of work. Rep! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast