View Poll Results: March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Small Village, including Demographics VOTING

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shilfah - The Floating Village by Abu Lafia

12 36.36%
  • Clift Side by Belgath

12 36.36%
  • Harvest Time in Applehill by Chick

12 36.36%
  • Darrowholm by ChickPea

14 42.42%
  • Bjorah's Cliff by Industrygothica

12 36.36%
  • Wydenfurth by MstrWelf

5 15.15%
  • Treetop Village of Eren Tulluath by Whump

10 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Small Village, VOTING

True enough and I have thought myself about telling some of my friends but decided against it primarily because I figured if I can win on votes from complete strangers then I might have something worth pursuing here. now if I know they would enjoy the forum and be active members that would be another thing but I would hate to get votes from people who never post anything but always vote for me. That just looks mysterious. Besides we can see ip addresses created from the same place so if something looks too out of balance we can always look it up.

These challenges are about getting better as artists and learning from what tidbits the community shares with us about how our pieces make them feel. in the end the winner gets an electronic icon next to their name. It's nice to get those but the real win is looking back at what you learned. I know it can be tough but try not to worry too much about winning, just do you best.

The greatest advice I have learned and can pass on is to start working on your next piece instead of watching the vote. That way you can use the things you just learned instead of going crazy waiting for the pot to boil. Besides watching the vote can be disheartening but if you're working on another piece you are excited about its potential and it will be better than your last one anyway. Unless you just are not learning anything, in which case you are doomed.

That said I do have my stuff on deviant art so I can show my friends
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-17-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Belgath's Avatar

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to Use that rule as a sheald shield. And I apologize I did not mean to ruin this for everybody I feel that I have but wasn't my intention. I'll keep my mouth shut now.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Hey Jaxilon, it's indeed really great that you to took the time to break down your thoughts on every single map! For me as a newbie, although ofc i'm flattered by all the encouraging comments that really motivates me, i think serious critique helps me even more, so thank you!
    I'm very glad that you consider to use the idea(s) in your own campaign. If i remember correctly, it was the main idea behind the whole challenge to create some "blueprints" for GMs to use them for their own purpose. So desaturate the map to get rid of the gold and start playing

Quote Originally Posted by Belgath View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't trying to Use that rule as a sheald shield. And I apologize I did not mean to ruin this for everybody I feel that I have but wasn't my intention. I'll keep my mouth shut now.
    Thanks for being upfront about this Belgath. I think most people can see that this was not a deliberate attempt to cheat the voting and we do appreciate people spreading the word about what a great place this is and that we do have these wonderful challenges.

Congratulations to ChickPea, winner of the most closely contested challenge of all time ( at least as far as my feeble memory goes )

And to everyone else WOW! Amazing bunch of maps.

Yay ChickPea! It was an honor losing to you.

Congratulations on your shiny new silver compass!

-IG

And its chickpea by a nose! Congratulations.

Also congratulations to all of you because if not for you driving one another to greater heights we wouldn't have such as nice batch of towns here. If I was just starting out here I would be thinking, "Holy cr4p, I'm not up to this level". So in that respect I'm glad you all weren't here to scare me off a few years ago.

@Belgath I don't think you need feel bad for wanting to share your newest endeavors with family and friends. That's not something to be apologetic about and I certainly look forward to watching you develop in future challenges.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Congratulations everyone for these truly amazing maps. I won't have to design a new town for my home game for months... Universally high quality.

Well done on scoring the compass @ChickPea!

cheers,
    Meshon

Wow, I'm stunned! I never thought I might win. That's not me being modest, I genuinely didn't think I was in with a chance, and hoped to finish somewhere in the middle. It makes me so happy that so many of you liked what I did. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and encouragement, because it really helped. A special shout-out to Jax for taking the time to critique everyone's work. That kind of feedback is invaluable.

Hope to see you all in next month's challenge thread!

Guild Apprentice

Congratulations to ChickPea and to everyone else!
    Thank you everyone who voted for me or gave feedback
    A very exciting race at the end...!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast