Thread: Restarting a Campaign, Would Like a Flashy New Map and Symbols!

Default Restarting a Campaign, Would Like a Flashy New Map and Symbols!

Hello everyone,

I am a DM who is restarting a campaign after a couple month break. Our last session ended with a great cliffhanger that left the party stranded in the Feywild. After they fight through the mess occurring there, I would like them to come back to a new, beautiful map that puts my old one to shame. That is, I am requesting the talents of skilled artists to "revive" my current map. In addition, I would also be interested in the design of symbols/coats of arms for each of my 13 dragons and some cities across the land.

Here is an image of the map I am currently using: http://i.imgur.com/THlyO5l.png

As you can see, the basic shape of the land is defined, city markers are placed, and a scale made. It really just needs a touch up.

Here is a screenshot of my campaign's Roll20 home page, featuring the map with various symbols representing the dragons: http://i.imgur.com/17E78wF.jpg

You can see what I am going for as far as symbols for each dragon in the land in the image above. However, these symbols are borrowed from other sources, and I think having custom ones made would greatly add to my campaign.

So, that is the basic background of my request. The following section follows the request instructions of the stickied post:

Commission
    I am willing to pay for your services. I would love to discuss your rates and see examples of your work before I set myself to a solid number. I will say my budget is not the most flexible, but I am willing to pay good money for good work.

Subject
    You can see the map I want remade in the links above. It is basically a world map, albeit a small world. The color coding tells the story of the land while the cities are marked with black/white markers. More details will be discussed with those who show interest and mesh with my interests.

*I do have the map saved with its layers in GIMP. However, I am not that familiar with what could be useful and what isn't. At the very least, you can get the same shape fairly easy from the border layers I made.*

Style
    This is where I get hung up on my wants. On one hand, I would love a classic "Tolkien" style map that looks hand drawn for that classic look. However, I believe a realistic map is the way to go in order to get across the geography of the land. So, I will lean towards a mixture of the two. Here is an idea of what I am looking for (for the symbols/coats of arms as well):

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...2&d=1423363162

Quality & Size
    I am looking for professional quality if I am paying for your time. A quality job will benefit us both.
    As far as dimensions, I would like the map to be relatively large, so I can zoom into specific areas if need be.

Time Constraints
    I would like this project to be finished by May 16th, 2015 (the day we restart the campaign). However, getting it done a few days sooner would be ideal.

Copyright
    I don't plan to use the map beyond my own personal gaming sessions. We have discussed streaming our games, but I am unsure if that will cause any copyright issues. We can discuss this further.

Contact Details
    Please, send me an e-mail describing your experience, links to your previous works, and interest in the project. I will update this post when I have an artist hired.

You can reach me at: abrakadaver44--at--gmail.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Hey I just dropped you an email