Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Maps.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip Book Maps.

The book is close to completion and I'm working on the maps, I believe we are just using three of them, but I finished the first of those and thought I'd post it up and maybe post the others as WIPs to get a little feedback.

The first one isn't supposed to have any cities or towns, cause its wilderness. There isn't a scale, because there wasn't really a need or call for it. And yes, the sea and cliff names are no joke.

I would name the second and tertiary rivers but there isn't a need for it. Hmm... that's about it, what do ya'll think about it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AtDmap1.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	6727

Oh, this map and anything else I put in here is copyrighted.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think this is great Delgo!

The more of your maps that I see, the greater appreciation I'm beginning to have for the "hand-drawn" style. Doubt I'll ever "go over to the dark side", but hey you never know.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well, when it comes to book/novel fantasy maps it seems to be the standard. Since most novels are B/W print, hand drawn is probably the logical choice in such a market...

the textures are beautiful

nice stuff
    Something witty and pithy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is some of the best inkwork I've ever seen, you are truly a master, rock on man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks ya'll ... I should have said that this one is 100% digital in PS .... didn't ink this, but the jungle brushes were drawn and scanned in, from my SEP entry as you might have noticed...

My favorite part of the map is the Volcano tho.... it really looks like it might be on fire...

It looks amazing! I love the hand drawn map style that is used for most book maps.
    The only thing I don't really care for is the compass thingy in the right corner.

What book are you working on anyway?

(Repped)

My wife and I are writers, and its our book... and so close to completion we can taste it! And then its off to the printers. We run our own publishing company, and this will be our first fantasy novel.... the first run is only going to be 500-1000 copies so its nothing huge... but hopefully it will be after it comes out!

The compass is actually the weapon the heroine uses in the book, which I drew in color and then converted to greyscale... A long hafted falchion named Leafgârd. Thanks for the compliment and the rep!

when it is published, you will have to let us know how to acquire it
    Something witty and pithy

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast