Thread: April 2015 Entry - The Wilburn Core

Default April 2015 Entry - The Wilburn Core

As a followup to my earlier Lite entry, I'll go with the classic science fair volcano cut away to show some active and inactive parts.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wilburn-Core.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	72791

Just Wilbur with some scribbling in Photoshop (flatten a quarter of a generic mountain, view in 3d (screenshot), then render stripes using Texture>>Draw>>Stripes at 0 degrees (screenshot) and then 90 degrees (screenshot) and composite as three layers).
    Last edited by waldronate; 04-18-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Well, this is a bummer - I've been thinking and collecting reference for a volcanic map myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

You'd generate a nice-looking piece, though! This one took, um, not as long as it probably should have.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence but don't cut yourself short. Besides, I'm not even sure yet if I'll have any time for this month anyway. If I do it'll have to all happen in like the last week of the month.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt