Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP Please help me with my climates

Alright, I've been working on it as per your tips. I was able to justify a mountain range in the middle of the northern continent, and have simplified my classifications (although not by quite as much as you suggested). I also changed the lakes around a bit. Does this all look kosher? What further changes can anyone recommend?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-climate (1).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	73166

Guild Artisan

Looks perfectly realistic to me.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Generally it seems cool, but why are the islands at the bottom so evenly spread and equal in size? Not saying it's not possible, but you might want to make some large islands and then cluster the remaining ones more tightly into separate groups.

Yeah, I have to revisit that. They were originally conceived as a device to allow migration from one continent to the other, but they could be more naturalistic. Thanks for reminding me. I've been justifying it as an underwater plate boundary, but it's a ridiculously massive mountain range as is. A few larger islands interspersed is a good idea that I hadn't thought of. Next version I post will probably have some work done on all of the islands.

The islands can be spread out, however it depend on how fast you want them to migrate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesians

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	422.6 KB 
ID:	76460

Do the islands look like they're making progress in the right direction?

Any other advice from anyone before I start plopping down rivers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123