Thread: Isometric Paris

Default Isometric Paris

Hi,
    I plan to build a isometric map of PAris, but I am a real beginner. I need advice to find free isometric resources, historical and european isometric buildings, and also to choose the most appropriate sofware. Is is possible to work with The Gimp or should I choose a specific Software. I saw that Adobe is quite expensive. Isn't there a less expensive solution ? Thanks for all your advice.
    Ichtos

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

You can absolutely work with GIMP. Inkscape would be really useful too, I think, as it has support for isometric grids and is also free. I should warn you though, isometric drawings can be time consuming. I would suggest starting with a fairly constrained, very specific part of the city to begin with. Like maybe the Arc de Triomphe, or even the circle just to the south west, along Avenue Victor Hugo. I've done a couple of isometric map drawings and I would definitely recommend starting small. That way, if you find that mapping the entire city is just too much you will still have a great set piece.

Best of luck!

cheers
    Meshon