Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April / May 2015 Lite Challenge: Nova Totios Nordeskiae Descriptio

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Don't forget to put a compass rose mirror-reversed and facing left. Slightly off the Kola peninsula above the cartouche (instead of the boat) would be a good spot.......
    Hehe, I was wondering who would be the first to recognize the shape, :-) But after all this is a map of an upside-down parallel world and continents drifted a bit different than on good ol' earth so North will be up except of course a sudden collapse of the magnetic field messes everything up again.
    Well done waldronate and also thx for your encouraging comment.
    Last edited by MstrWelf; 04-23-2015 at 01:59 PM.

I rely on your seasoned opinion Bogie and plant tree by tree and tie everything in with shadows....

Guild Member Facebook Connected Belgath's Avatar

I really like your map and being new to this I hate to suggest this stuff, because I don't have very much credibility. To me your buildings seem just a bit out of style, to the rest of the map, maybe give them a more rustic hand-drawn look.

Thank you Belgath and I know exactly what you mean and I will try to come up with some "more rustic hand-drawn" town/city symbols! You saw that quite right and I am glad for any bit of response to help me improve my work

Five days since my last WIP and if you just glance at the map it seems as if barely nothing changed but that is wrong. I redrew the mountains, the hills and new town symbols, which I think fit the theme better. Thx Belgath! Ah yes, redid the roads too.
    What I'm proud of is the compass rose, took me an afternoon but it was worth it. What remains are the empty areas and I played around with trees and little mole hills but nothing was really doing the job. If my calculations are right I have some time left and I hope to come up with a pleasing solution.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nordeskia_4-27-15.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	73009

As I always I am grateful for comments and positive criticism!

Very nice.. great improvements! And it was an afternoon well-spent; your compass rose is gorgeous.

-IG

Agree with IG's comments about the compass. It looks fantastic and of professional quality. Well done! I really like the colours and tone of the map, and am looking forward to seeing it filled out a bit more.

Thank you Ig and ChickPea and I like to hear your comments about the compass! I'll try to fill out the rest of the map soon, just need a moment of enlightenment LOL!

A quick update before I have to go and earn some money
    What do you think about the font which I plan on using for the labeling and what about the colors to determine the different countries? Seems I'm moving along slowly, like 2 steps forward 1 step back but I promised myself to get there...wherever that is.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nordeskia_4-30-15.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	73077

I really like the color borders that you're using!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast