Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CC3 Feature Suggestions

Guild Journeyer

Post I like CC3

I have a sheet of trees that includes hills that must be drawn in the proper order, but I want the hills to have different 'effects' than the trees. I could create a 'trees before' sheet etc but some tree sets are in front of some hills and behind others in a nearly continous band that I like.

I think you need 'sub sheet lists" that can have other effects that combine with the current sheet using various blending options.

Sorry if someone already covered this, or there is another way to do this in CC3 that I haven't come across yet.

Regards,
    -meleeguy

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    I have a sheet of trees that includes hills that must be drawn in the proper order, but I want the hills to have different 'effects' than the trees. I could create a 'trees before' sheet etc but some tree sets are in front of some hills and behind others in a nearly continous band that I like.

I think you need 'sub sheet lists" that can have other effects that combine with the current sheet using various blending options.

Sorry if someone already covered this, or there is another way to do this in CC3 that I haven't come across yet.

Regards,
    -meleeguy
    When we first devised effects, we had to decide between a per entity or per sheet model. You've just hit the downside of the per-sheet method.

The per-sheet model has the advantage of simplicity, ease of use and redraw speed, but lacks the range of possibilities of the per-entity model.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Guild Journeyer

If I may ask, I'm interested in what program structure issues (if that is the case) are holding you back since my proposal is algorithmically feasible and to our advantage to see resolved, if possible.

Is it file format related?

Although I am a professional programmer of over 20 years, my interest here is as a hobbyist and I realize you're smart folks who have been on the problem for years.

Guild Journeyer

UI Enhancement - something that indicates whether the "Symbols Choose Their Own Layer" is active, preferably with a toggle switch. I constantly forget to reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    If I may ask, I'm interested in what program structure issues (if that is the case) are holding you back since my proposal is algorithmically feasible and to our advantage to see resolved, if possible.

Is it file format related?

Although I am a professional programmer of over 20 years, my interest here is as a hobbyist and I realize you're smart folks who have been on the problem for years.
    There are no algorithmic issues. We had a straight choice. Including both options would massively and disproportionately increase the difficulty of managing effects, and the speed at which they rendered, as well as requiring much more programming and significant entity database changes.

Incidentally, we do have a developers 'tool kit and mail list, although it's pretty dead at the moment.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Guild Member

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but it would be nice to be able to grab the map with the mouse and move it around instead of having to use the scroll bar. Would make it a lot easier for large maps to navigate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwaxana View Post
    I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but it would be nice to be able to grab the map with the mouse and move it around instead of having to use the scroll bar. Would make it a lot easier for large maps to navigate in.
    Have you tried the Pan command?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Yup, but it's just not something that speeds things up. I also tend to lose overview with it. Plus, it isn't really precise enough, at least not for someone as clumsy as me.

I'm not overly bothered about it, it would just be nice to have.

Yea, I have to agree. The best panning mechanic I've found has been MapTool's right click drag. It is so intuitive that I keep finding myself trying to do it in other applications all the time.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Clear and concise documentation on the file format, SDK, and macros. I'm a programmer, and I want to get involved in xp and macro development...but yeesh, it's like pulling teeth trying to find all the info I need.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast