Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CC3 Feature Suggestions

#1 on my wishlist is for lighting effects to render correctly when multiple passes are required to export a .jpg or .png image.

See what I mean here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...orting-to-.jpg

#2 on the wishlist is for bevels to render correctly when an entity below it has a blur or glow effect (or some textures) applied. As it is, I always end up with a million little triangles along the bevelled entity's edge.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Ooo, and use the Centre Mouse to zoom in an out! That would be soooooooooo useful!
    I think overall unifying the drawing conventions added by CD3 and DD3, etc, would be a good idea overall.

Hi,
    I'd like to see the ability in CC3 to zoom into a view, save that view as a seperate map, and them be able to work on that map in more detail.
    GDelilah

Definitely improve redraw speeds. Also, I find that I get "not responding' messages when turning on sheet effects. Subsequently I've started using photoshop as it's bullet proof. A shame really as I've used profantasy for years but there just seems to be a cieling on the size of maps I can produce until speed becomes a major issue.

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

I just want it to work!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymage View Post
    I just want it to work!
    Works great for me.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymage View Post
    I just want it to work!
    What's not working?

Deleted by user who was told he wasn't smart enough, or just too lazy, to learn the software.
    Last edited by GSEC; 03-18-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Arkidemis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSEC View Post
    Looks like it's been a few years, and a couple CC iterations, since anyone posted in this thread, so watch out for zombie suggestions.

1. Dedicate mouse scroll wheel to zoom. I think this one is a zombie.
    2. Add the File/Close command to close the current drawing without closing the program.
    3. Use a cursor instead of cross-hairs/box or, at least, give users the option to choose one or the other.
    4. Reverse the command-selection order to select where/what and then choose a command to apply to the selection. For an old fart with poor eyesight and shaky fingers, this is probably the most important issue.
    5. Add the Edit/Delete command.
    6. Rewrite the manual and quick start guide for CC3+. Telling users the basics are the same as in previous versions isn't helpful when a new user has no idea what the basics are.
    7. Create a series of 6-8 minute videos for new users. Use voice-over and a script rather than real-time audio.
    8. Define non-standard terms such as Overland Mapping, etc.

That's it for now.
    In response to number 7 there is a YouTube series that helped me get started. I think they had it linked on the splash screen of CC3+ when you first open the program.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast