Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CC3 Feature Suggestions

Post CC3 Feature Suggestions

Note: this thread is not about UI, easy of use or working methods, just the availability of certain tools and functions. I'm entirely interested in end results.

What features in Photoshop, GIMP. etc. are you missing in CC3? Are their particular effects for example from Photoshop you'd like to see in CC3? What can you produce in other software that you can't in CC3?

To get you started:
    1. I'd like to see some kind of height field generator, perhaps integrated from FT.
    2. Improved PNG export resolution.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to see this post! I'm stickying it.

I'd like to see an easier way to pan...perhaps having a cached "render" of the map that is overlayed whenever you go into pan mode so that when you pan you can see the maps details without having to deal with the ghost pan effect...that may just be me though.

From photoshop, I think a more useful layers dialog/tab would be VERY helpful. In photoshop you can see a little thumbnail of what is on a layer, and very easily turn it on/off and thats integrated into the core of the interface as a primary function. To see that available in CC3 for both layers and sheets would be VERY nice.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Not sure if this is correct or not, but I know when I am doing dungeons and want to draw an angled box.....I can't.

I can draw a box, and then rotate it, but requires a few steps. Something like the House Command from from CD3 but for simply making boxes that aren;t always straight X/Y.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I'd like to see an easier way to pan...perhaps having a cached "render" of the map that is overlayed whenever you go into pan mode so that when you pan you can see the maps details without having to deal with the ghost pan effect...that may just be me though.
    Can I second this one ... preferably using keyboard cursor keys, page up and page down
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Can I second this one ... preferably using keyboard cursor keys, page up and page down
    Ooo, and use the Centre Mouse to zoom in an out! That would be soooooooooo useful!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think overall unifying the drawing conventions added by CD3 and DD3, etc, would be a good idea overall.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Handles ... I'd like to see handles in CC3. I always thought the the way Illustrator lets you play with polygons and paths with the ancor points is a real plus. Really intuative interface.

I'd also like the implementation of gradients in CC3, if that was possible. With those, i don't think i'd go back to illustrator anytime soon

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Guild Member

I agree with Patrakis and was about to post it myself: I think that gradients are an important feature / sheet effect which is missing.

Furthermore, as I mentioned on the Profantasy Community Forum, I'd like to see the new light entities and sheet effects introduced in the July issue of the Cartographer's Annual 2008 fixed. When exporting a map at a high resolution and rendering the areas in which the light entities have not directly been placed, CC3/DD3 "forgets" the light beams coming from other parts of the map and, hence, doesn't apply the effects.

Also, instead of areas that are not lit automatically becoming completely black, it would be nice to be able to add a transparency to that black layer. In that manner, cartographers could easily create night versions of their battle maps.

Thank you for these - keep them coming.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I think overall unifying the drawing conventions added by CD3 and DD3, etc, would be a good idea overall.
    Can you enlarge on this please? I don't really understand.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast