Thread: Bogie's Mapping Objects Toolbar not working for me, cc3+

Help Bogie's Mapping Objects Toolbar not working for me, cc3+

So I went and installed Bogie's Mapping Objects for CC3+. When I added the "Custom icon bar 3" to the top, it came up empty. So I closed down CC3+ and re-opened it from my desktop. The bar is still empty.

So not sure if the install worked for me. I also noticed that even though I clicked on the "Create shortcuts in Start Menu" box and labeled it the default "Bogie's Mapping Objects for CC3+", I don't seem to have any group in my start menu called that.

I did a search here and saw there was once a patch posted, so also applied that patch, no go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondrik View Post
    So I went and installed Bogie's Mapping Objects for CC3+. When I added the "Custom icon bar 3" to the top, it came up empty. So I closed down CC3+ and re-opened it from my desktop. The bar is still empty.

So not sure if the install worked for me. I also noticed that even though I clicked on the "Create shortcuts in Start Menu" box and labeled it the default "Bogie's Mapping Objects for CC3+", I don't seem to have any group in my start menu called that.

I did a search here and saw there was once a patch posted, so also applied that patch, no go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Please contact our support at:

info@vintyri.org
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    Please contact our support at:

info@vintyri.org
    Deleted by user.
    Last edited by GSEC; 03-18-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEC View Post
    Wouldn't an open discussion aid the rest of the members who use, or are considering using, the software?
    Up front, that sounds like a good idea. But there are some problems with it, as I'll explain.

For starters, every problem that has been reported to us to date has been explained and a solution to each of these problems is given in our Troubleshooters Guide and FAQ at:

http://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/faq_cc3p.htm

The download pages on our Internet site urge new users to go there if they have a problem, but many don't do it and end up asking for help instead. Those who read the ProFantasy forum should be aware that this toolbar problem can and does occur with ProFantasy's own add-ins just as it can with our add-ins. The solution that we offer that works in most cases is not our our invention; it was offered by ProFantasy Product Manager Ralf Schemmann on the ProFantasy forum.

This solution solves about 85% of all empty toolbar problems, both for ProFantasy's add-ins and for our add-ins:

1) Close CC3+.

2) Run the latest CC3+ Update again, even if you already have run it.

3) If the file exists, run menu_recovery.bat in Datafolders\Profantasy\CC3Plus. (If the file doesn't exist, you don't need it.)

4) Start CC3+ again.

At that point, everything should run fine. However, in about 15% of all problem reports, this simple solution doesn't help at all.

The simple solution solves a problem that results from a change that was implemented a while back in ProFanatsy's system for building menus and toolbars. If that problem is causing the empty toolbar, this solution cures the illness.

However, the other 15% of the problems result from installation errors on the user's part. Unfortunately, there is no solution I can offer here that applies to everyone's installation error problems. In such cases, I need to exchange information with the user to determine where his or her installation went wrong and what we need to do to fix it. That's why I usually suggest a support request. It gets the right information to he person who needs help.
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 03-17-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Illteracy
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Well, sadly I seem to have missed that link to the FAQ, though I do see it now on the download page. I was simply following the instructions on the installation instructions pdf that came with the install that said:

1. Technical Support
    This product is offered free of fee on an as-is basis. No guarantee of performance is offered. For support questions, please
    query the Dundjinni™ or Cartographers Guild forums at: http://www.dundjinni.com or http://www.cartographersguild.com
    Following the steps you posted and several others in the FAQ, I was able to get it to somewhat work, but only partly. Some of the toolbar seems to be still missing.

Can't seem to figure this one out. I'll email that support link in the meantime though and hopefully they can find a solution. Thanks

The support E-Mail still is your best bet, but the screen shot suggests that:

1) You still haven't installed the CSUAC 2 and the Dundjinni Archives

OR

2) They're installed in the wrong place.

The missing symbols are for the CSUAC 2/Dundjinni Archives combination.

I don't know anything about the YouTube material that you found or whether it's content is correct. It's not official material.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project