Thread: 1763 World map

Guild Novice

Help 1763 World map

Hello, friendly cartographer who decided he/she may help me out!

What I need is a political world map of 1763 with the following elements:
    •A Labeled world map with clear boundaries. As you may be aware of, world maps in this time period generally include many colonies, so free reign overhaul to deal with that, although I suggest that you use broadest colony term possible per empire, i.e. calling all of the non-mainland Spanish empire 'New Spain', calling all British SE Asia colonies 'British E. India Company', etc.
    •Accurate boundaries. I would prefer this piece to not be impressionist., and to as closely as possible represent the actual borders of the time.

I am not looking for super-high quality work so long as it meets the criteria. I would kind of like it to look written on parchment if possible, but that is not a must. As far as copyright, I am by no means an expert in it, I really just need to use it in my forum RPs without fear of a lawsuit. Use it for your history nerd neighbor, your Social Studies teacher, or whatever you might need it for in the future.

I think that is everything, sorry if i left anything out (first time requesting), just let me know if you have a question and I will reply ASAP. I may reply faster if you email me (ultikanare@gmail.com) or send me a Facebook PM (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009078887991)

Thanks!
    –Sincerely, His Senior Regality, O God among Gods, Ultikana Re

Hi, I have made a lot, and I mean a lot of historical maps, but a search did not give results for your particular question. Did you know this site: http://geacron.com/home-en/?&sid=GeaCron138588
    Just give in your date and you will see the world with the boundaries of that time. Maybe it can help you out, maybe you may embed it on your site. I don't know, the site isn't mine. Good luck.

Guild Novice

Thank you very much! That was a magnificent help! I had no idea that existed... Very interesting, actually. That will be a very handy resource for me.