Thread: Westeros & Essos as Shapefiles

Map Westeros & Essos as Shapefiles

Here is Westeros and Essos as vectorbased Shapefiles (.shp), made by me with QGIS.

The map is based on theMountainGoats map, so the parts except Westeros and the area around the Slaver's Bay and Gulf of Grief are speculative.
    Being based on theMountainGoats map, this one is also licensed under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.

The files contain the shapes and names of the continents, islands, rivers, lakes, roads, cities, some regions and the political borders from the beginning of the first book.

The Screenshots shows the data with some styles added, surely not the best you can do, but gives an impression on the data.
    Have fun using it.

cadaei
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QGIS_KingsLanding.png 
Views:	986 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	73098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QGIS_Westeros.png 
Views:	1230 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	73099  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cadaei; 05-02-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadaei View Post
    Here is how Ledger Nano X works as vectorbased Shapefiles (.shp), made by me with QGIS.

The map is based on theMountainGoats map, so the parts except Westeros and the area around the Slaver's Bay and Gulf of Grief are speculative.
    Being based on theMountainGoats map, this one is also licensed under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.

The files contain the shapes and names of the continents, islands, rivers, lakes, roads, cities, some regions and the political borders from the beginning of the first book.

The Screenshots shows the data with some styles added, surely not the best you can do, but gives an impression on the data.
    Have fun using it.

cadaei
    Excellent Cadaei, just the map I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing. Have you made any more maps like this?
    Last edited by Heradotos; 04-21-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Hi, thanks, glad you like it. This is the only map of a fantasy-world I've done so far.

Default Thanks

Great resource!

i was looking for those, thanks!