Thread: Looking for a world map and possibly city maps!

Guild Applicant

Help Looking for a world map and possibly city maps!

Hello there people of Cartographers' Guild,

Introduction
    I am a starting writer from The Netherlands and I've been planning to write this Sci-fi/Fantasy book I'm working on for about 3 - 4 years now and I've finally found the time and inspiration to finally make it happen. Sadly, due to an accident with my wrist when I was of young age, I'm not able to draw magnificent drawings and maps like the people on this website. And this is why I need artists who can create world maps, city maps and if it's possible even coats of arms to be used in my book. And please excuse me if my request is somewhat sloppy, I have never made one before so please contact me via the email I'll provide at the end of this request if you need more information!

Maps
    The world map I'm having in mind can be roughly based on this one http://imgur.com/0JBivKP (My level of drawing is very bad, my apologies for that) and maybe in the style of this picture of Schwarzkreuz: http://imgur.com/ypy8Yyc however, I'm very open in what kind of styles can be used!
    In the map, the dots are indicated to be town whilst the squares can be seen as major cities/capitals.
    I can imagine it's bad to look at since it got no rivers or anything at all, but if it is decided to work together, I can provide any information of that, that's needed.
    I would like the world map to include badlands, snowy mountains, green forests, cities etc. Lets just say the change of terrain and soil.

The city map(s) can depend on the artist, but I'd like to keep to a certain kind of architecture - somewhat medieval with a magic environment, something like this: http://imgur.com/sW96wFw
    Aswell when it comes to a city map, I'm very open in what kind of style can be used.

Coats of Arms
    In my book, there are certain guilds, and I would like to have emblems, Coats of Arms or crests designed for them. I find it hard to explain more about this in a request but I can always give a lot more information during a nice conversation.

Copyright
    I don't know much about copyrights but it will remain with the cartographer/artist.
    I do however want to use the maps in my book, with credits and thanks for the artist ofcourse.

Deadline
    The deadline isn't soon, it may take weeks or even a couple of months for the project to finish. It can be very flexible and will most likely depend on the artist' schedule.

Payment
    I'm unable to pay buckets with money, but I am willing to pay around $100-$150 for the world/city maps and around $50-$75 for the Coats of Arms.
    Prices are negotiable ofcourse.

Contact
    People who are interested in working together with me on what I just described, can contact me with the following sources.
    My email is menno_1995(at)hotmail.com
    And if a more direct conversation is wanted, you can always ask for my Skype or Facebook via my email.

I hope my request was somewhat clear enough to understand and I hope it was reasonable.
    My own timeschedules are very flexible so I can work along whenever the artist needs more information.

Thank you for your time!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Sent you an email.

Sending an email too